Notices
GT350 S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the new GT350 Mustang.

Orders

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 07:27 PM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

At the moment it's moot. However I am depositing money in an account for one in a year or so. Hopefully it doesn't go away before I'm ready.
When I get there I'm of 2 minds:
1) shop around. $15K covers a lot of distance. For that kind of money you can buy first class tickets from DFW to wherever in the country and spend a very nice long weekend cruising home and seeing the sites.
2) In the long run we're all dead anyway. I intend to keep my 5.0 and the GT350 and hand them to my grand kids, my parents still have their '67 GT w/ a 390 in it - so I'm following a family tradition.

Ask me again in about 18 months.

Last edited by squishbang; 11-03-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:05 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by squishbang
At the moment it's moot. However I am depositing money in an account for one in a year or so. Hopefully it doesn't go away before I'm ready.
When I get there I'm of 2 minds:
1) shop around. $15K covers a lot of distance. For that kind of money you can buy first class tickets from DFW to wherever in the country and spend a very nice long weekend cruising home and seeing the sites.
2) In the long run we're all dead anyway. I intend to keep my 5.0 and the GT350 and hand them to my grand kids, my parents still have their '67 GT w/ a 390 in it - so I'm following a family tradition.

Ask me again in about 18 months.
Not knocking the GT 350 at all, but the GT 350 seems like a great track car with downsides for everyday driving! I can afford one, but a standard GT Premium with a supercharger fits my wants better. If you have a 2015 GT, I would consider putting a Roush Supercharger on it for about $8K, or less! You'll save a ton of money & enjoy 670 H.P. with the Mustang you already have! It will be a far more drivable car than a GT 350.... unless you road race a lot!!

Last edited by Mr. D; 11-08-2015 at 05:23 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:23 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
AK,

You better plan on buying a new GT & putting together your own car! I'd be surprised if you will get one for MSRP for a long time, if ever! In my area you can't even buy a GT 500 for MSRP unless the next year's model is arriving, & then you take what's left on the lot. At my local dealership they have GT 350's ordered, but they aren't even going to even allow the sales manager to test drive one! My guy gave me a killer price on my 2016 GT, but he said forget it on a GT 350! Like so many other low production models, you have to pay a lot for the bragging rights of saying I have a ......

I really hope I'm wrong for your sake.

I don't want a GT 350, but I'd sure like to take one for a spin... well, not really a spin... just a snappy drive! If you get one, PM me your address so I can bring my supercharged 5.0 up there & see if I can keep up with you..... at least until we get to a curve.... then I'll politely wave goodbye to you! Should be a hell of a car! Hope you can get one!
Mr. D

I did order mine on August 4th this year. Received my DORA and verified the order is waiting to be pulled for a build date. It can be as long as 6 months before I see it, but I did secure the Tech Package for a little under MSRP.

It will have a spot reserved along side my S197. ;-)

And will have some time at the track in my area...possibly being chased by my son in that Coyote.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:03 PM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Not knocking the GT 350 at all, but the GT 350 seems like a great track ca with downsides for everyday driving! I can afford one, but a standard GT Premium with a supercharger fits my wants better. If you have a 2015 GT, I would consider putting a Roush Supercharger on it for about $8K, or less! You'll save a ton of money & enjoy 670 H.P. with the Mustang you already have! It will be a far more drivable car than a GT 350.... unless you road race a lot!!

I only road race on a track (Eagles Canyon, Motosports Ranch and Circuit of the Americas). I plan to visit my autocross friends too but my primary outlet is the track.

For $8K I'd probably send my 5.0 to Hellion for their twin turbo setup. However, I don't plan or need to go that far. I'm more interested in being a fast driver than owning a fast car.

As for the GT350. There are plenty of faster cars I can buy. That's not the point. The GT350 will end up being a weekend toy and used road trips in to Colorado, New Mexico and Arkansas where I can enjoy nice twisting mountain roads.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:49 AM
rjwz28

I only road race on a track (Eagles Canyon, Motosports Ranch and Circuit of the Americas). I plan to visit my autocross friends too but my primary outlet is the track.

For $8K I'd probably send my 5.0 to Hellion for their twin turbo setup. However, I don't plan or need to go that far. I'm more interested in being a fast driver than owning a fast car.

As for the GT350. There are plenty of faster cars I can buy. That's not the point. The GT350 will end up being a weekend toy and used road trips in to Colorado, New Mexico and Arkansas where I can enjoy nice twisting mountain roads.
Exactly
Old 11-08-2015, 05:09 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Mr. D

I did order mine on August 4th this year. Received my DORA and verified the order is waiting to be pulled for a build date. It can be as long as 6 months before I see it, but I did secure the Tech Package for a little under MSRP.

And will have some time at the track in my area...possibly being chased by my son in that Coyote.
Good for you! Congrats! I'm happy to hear you got a good price! I bet you are excited about it. I ordered a regular GT & it will likely take at least 2 months, so 6 months doesn't seem that bad for a specialty car. If you got a good price the wait time will be well worth it. It will be interesting to see if other guys will get a price like you got! I'm happy to be wrong & you got a reasonable price!
Old 11-08-2015, 05:22 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Sounds great! I like your attitude about "I'm more interested in being a fast driver than owning a fast car." My Mustang will be a toy car too! My particular thing is brief, eye watering acceleration up to the speed level (or approximately the speed level ). If I lived where I could drive mountain roads with safety I might like that too! I always worry about that stalled 2 ton truck in the middle of the road on a blind turn. I did find one road in Southern Utah that had no side roads that you could see ahead for a couple of miles. I found out my supercharged Mustang GT could hold the road far longer than may nerves would allow! I imagine the GT 350 will be amazing on roads like that! I don't think I'm man enough to use the potential of a GT 350! Be safe!

Last edited by Mr. D; 11-08-2015 at 05:26 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:17 AM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

There is a motorcycle article called 'the pace' where they describe riding at a speed where you don't use your brakes, just maintain a constant velocity where you are able to enter and exit turns without needing your brakes. That is generally what I aim for. If I want mind bending fast I take it to the race track where there are no 2 ton trucks, curbs, trees or other hazards to worry about.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:30 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Mr. D

........Who told you it could take as long as 6 months for your order ??
Ordered my 11 on 17 May 2010, delivered on 3 July 2010. (2K below MSRP)
Ordered my 14 on 17 May 2013, delivered on 5 Sept. 2013. ( @ MSRP )
( July plant shut-down )
.................................................. ....2014 timeline:
Order date ( VOC ) - 17 May 2013
DORA - 28 May 2013
VIN # - 28 June 2013
Window sticker - 7 Aug. 2013
Blend date - 13 Aug. 2013
@ shipping - 19 Aug. 2013
Old 11-08-2015, 09:07 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Did you happen to catch the episode of Power Nation, that they did an install of the Hellion and some dyno runs, very impressive, if not it's not hard to find online.

Quick Reply: Orders