General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Need to bypass parking brake sensor for pioneer dvd player!plz HELP!!

Old 10-03-2006, 12:44 AM
diltsman

Default Need to bypass parking brake sensor for pioneer dvd player!plz HELP!!

I have a new pioneer 5700 dvd player I just bought for like 950 from best buy and bought it mainly for my wife and kids and was very annoyed to find out that your supposed to have the green wire hooked up to the parking brake sensor when I put in a dvd and It didnt work, I am not going to drive down the road with my parking brake on slightly so everyone can watch a movie. Someone from my local stereo shop who usually does all of my major installs told me to hook it up to the ground wire and It should work, so I tried that but it still says car must be parked for this function or something like that. I do not want a toggle switch to have to play with either so SOMEBODY please tell me what wire I can hook it up to so that it will let me play dvd's whenever and I will never have to see that screen again, also does anyone know if you can change the background to do something cooler on the newer 5700 pioneer, when I listen to music all it does is have a little blue screen with stupid lines going across the screen and I was wondering if I could change that also, but most important please someone help me I dont want to experiment with all the other wires and the green one and risk ruining the deck, thanks alot,Denny
Old 10-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need to bypass parking brake sensor for pioneer dvd player!plz HELP!!

Find out the voltage going through the parking light sensor with the brake on and connect the deck's wire to that voltage.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:24 AM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need to bypass parking brake sensor for pioneer dvd player!plz HELP!!

on ours we just hooked up the ground wire to a solid ground and it worked fine, try a different ground
Old 10-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Lex8109
1st Gear Member

Wire it to any POSITIVE wire. If there is voltage on the wire (i.e. when your parking brake light is on), it lets you play movies.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:19 PM
ant8624

my pioneer has gps and wont let me around that at all but im pretty audio savey and i would say just run it to either a toggle switch or try running it to a hot wire like the guy above stated...
Old 10-04-2006, 01:53 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Just installed a Z1 in my 05. For that install I had to ground the green wire. I am not sure why it does not work for you. Check out the avic411.com site. It should help answer your question.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:45 PM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

IT IS A GROUND WIRE NOT A HOT WIRE your just completing th circuit whne you pull the brake,

just grounding that wire wont fic it , you also need to get a contact on the bottom of the radio soldered together, that disables a gyro in the radio, it can tell if the car is shaking( like when driven) and will also disable the dvd screen
Old 08-14-2008, 02:09 AM
HawaiiStang

If it was me i would hook it up to ground, thats what i did with my jensen.
but, one thing you can do is ride around with e-brake on one notch.
Right when it says e-brake on instrument panel. Idk if thats bad because if its on the first first notch its not even engaged.

Anyone say otherwise?
Old 08-14-2008, 06:29 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

PLEASE don't be watching DVD's while driving!!!

Yea yea I read what you said, the movies are for the "other passengers" in the car not you, because of course YOU would never lose focus of the road when a really good part in a movie is playing [/sarcasm]

It's illegal in most places to have a DVD screen visible to the driver while the car is in motion.. you will get a ticket.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:01 PM
radonich1

Default Parking brake bypass from microbypass.com

There is a much smaller and less expensive bypass available from microbypass.com or on eBay the sellers name is radonich1

its super easy to install, good quality, and really small. no switches or big relays needed!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need to bypass parking brake sensor for pioneer dvd player!plz HELP!!