Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?

Old 10-30-2006, 02:01 AM
65Vert
2nd Gear Member

Default weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?

and why?

well...they arent really identical items. or are they? am looking to place a 4 bbl on my 289 and was toying between the two dual plane intake manifolds. also, what would be recommended carbs to go with each?

any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks
Old 10-30-2006, 02:06 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?

i would get the weiand if i were you its basically a shelby manifold where as the edel is the ford manfold just ported
Old 10-30-2006, 02:12 AM
david01130
4th Gear Member

Default RE: weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?

I have the edlebrock performer and 650 double pumper holley on my 66
Old 10-30-2006, 02:48 AM
65Vert
2nd Gear Member

For the weiand a holley would be best for it then? what kind?
Old 10-30-2006, 03:01 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

no the carb is your choice but i recomend the weiand over the edel but if you are daily driving i would put an edel carb on it
Old 10-30-2006, 03:15 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

The Stealth is a higher rpm manifold than the Performer. The Performer works well on stock engines, but the Stealth is better for mild engines.

For a carb, I'd go for a Holley. For a stock 289, 500 cfm is more than large enough.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:14 AM
S281SC
2nd Gear Member

The regular Performer intake is basically a slightly improved and lighter version of the stock cast-iron intake...

Since you're looking at a Weiand Stealth, you should really be comparing to the Performer RPM intake. The Stealth and RPM are basically equal - pick whichever you prefer or can get the best deal on.

The Performer RPM intake with the Edelbrock 1405/1406 carb makes for a nice peppy combo for a driver.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:25 AM
65Vert
2nd Gear Member

so either the stealth or edel RPM will make for a fun driver. that means it will still be a good driver for occasion and still have that zip? will traffic be an issue with cars that are fitted out with a mild engine? need to factor in come city driving of course
Old 10-30-2006, 10:34 AM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Are you auto or stick, you have to factor that in also. With a manual trans car you can get away with running a more aggressive intake like mine (look below), but with an auto you have to be more conservative because of the kick down and all that. But if you do go with the performer intake, get the air-gap style. Itll keep the intake charge cooler and in turn give you more ppower over the non air-gap style.
Ideally you'd give a little bit more info such as compression ratio, cylinder heads, eXhaust, and cam specs, then I could give you a nice recommendation on an intake.
-P.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:21 AM
MC
2nd Gear Member

Edelbrock-MADE IN USA

Holley-MADE IN MEXICO[:'(]

Weiland -dont know but i would ask!

USA is #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: weiand stealth intake vs edelbrock performer - which would you recommend?