Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with Dealer and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:01 PM
razol
1st Gear Member

Default Issue with Dealer and warranty

I am having an issue with my local dealer and Ford regarding warraty work. The mount ofr the antenna mast has become loose. I noticed this while driving down the interstate (antenna was wobbling). At the time I removed the antenna mast and just have not used the radio for a while (I have Sirius anyway). The car was in for other warranty work this week so I had them check out the loose mount. The delaer tells me that the mount is bent and the rivets are bent or something. They will not cover this under warranty and they told me to call Ford. I called Ford (who put me on hold while they called the dealer) and then they too said they would not cover it.

This happened while I was just driving. Nothing hit the car or anything, it just broke while driving down I-81. I have never received this kind of grief from Ford before and I have owned Fords for 15+ years. I have no recourse now but to file a claim with the arbitration panel. This seems so silly for them to not stand behind their product. If the antenna cannot endure a little road wind, it would seem to point to an inferior design.

Do any of you have any other advice that might help me?

Old 01-09-2007, 06:07 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Issue with Dealer and warranty

Never heard of such a thing happening are you sure nothing hit the thing?? If it is bent then there had to be some kind of force behind it. But if ford said no........Your Screwed!![&o]
Old 01-09-2007, 06:10 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

I had trouble with a local Ford dealer who screwed up my brake rotor hanger on my Mach and refused to fix it, called Dearborn and they were useless too, they said "try another dealer." I am lucky to have a decent dealer i got my 06 from whos out of town a bit, but calling the Ford hdqtrs is a waste, they just shuffle you around, even after they admitted to me the dealer messed up my Mach. This is why Ford is losing money, crappy treatment over nickle and dime crap.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Ah, yet another example of Fords attempt at gaining market share!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:13 PM
GT427
1st Gear Member

Sounds like you miffed someone. My first guess, they didn't like that you removed it yourself and left it that way for so long. Did you remove the entire mount out of the fender, or just take the antenna off?

If it was me, I'd go to a new dealer service department. Walk in with the antenna in hand and say it just happened. You pulled over and took off the antenna because you didn't want it flapping against the car.

If the second dealer says no. Find out how much it's going to cost. If it's over your insurance deductible, then ask your insurance company if they can help. Otherwise, it sounds like you just had some bad luck washed over you. Did you put out some bad karma that day the antenna fell off and bent the mount?
That's a pretty rare occurance. Someone might have yanked on the thing before it "fell" off.

Good luck!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:35 PM
razol
1st Gear Member

Sounds like you miffed someone. My first guess, they didn't like that you removed it yourself and left it that way for so long. Did you remove the entire mount out of the fender, or just take the antenna off?
I do not think that I mifffed anyone. I was pretty cordial with thtme even when they said no. I did not remove the mount and such, just unscewed the mast from the mount because it was flopping in the wind.

If it was me, I'd go to a new dealer service department. Walk in with the antenna in hand and say it just happened. You pulled over and took off the antenna because you didn't want it flapping against the car.
I think this might be a bad way to go since first off it seems deceptive if not an outright lie. Second, I am guessing that Ford keeps notes on the VIN number and any new deqaler will know about this last denial of coverage.

I was just looking to see if anyone had some simple advice that I may have overlooked. Really I can just keep the antenna off anyway. I have not used the radio in over a year anyway. It kind of burns me up that they would rebuff a loyal customer over something so trivial.

In the end I will vote with my checkbook. Based on my collective experiences with this Mustang I am all done with Ford, they have lost me as a lifetime customer. This is a great car, but the constant breaking of stupid things on the car has made me reach my limit.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:06 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

It sounds like impact damage and Ford will not pay the dealer for the repair. Plain and simple. Yes a good dealer should eat it anyway in the name of customer relations, but maybe there is some bodywork needed too?

It might have come off the truck that way or the dealer lot that way....but who knows.

good luck.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

I think he ment someone outside of ford was miffed and gave your antenna a good yank in a parking lot or some place like that 99% of the time people suck and the other 1% your alone

If your not going to use it anyway you may want to think about having it shaved off at a body shop they look pretty nice without the antenna mount, I have see a few people here that have done it and really liked the end result.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:00 PM
GT427
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I should have been more clear. Sounds like someone, on a parking lot, was miffed at you and dinked with your car.

It's not so much a lie, just a question of dates...when the inncident in question actually occured.
You're right, they do talk to eachother.

Sorry about your issues with Ford. It seems there are more and more dealers being reported here with bad attitudes. For some reason, many of they hourly employees act like it's thier money they are giving away. They need to look at it from a global dollars stand point. So what you sold A car to A customer. If you **** THE customer off, they wont come back for another car. If I was the manager, I'd rather loose a few bucks in antenna repair, than not have you come back when it's time to replace your mustang.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones with a dealer that cares.

Good Luck! The antenna delete option sounds like a good idea.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:11 PM
white531
1st Gear Member

Have you ever run it through a drive through car wash.The one we have could bend hell out of one.

Quick Reply: Issue with Dealer and warranty