Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Mustang GT or............

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 08:37 PM
shamrock..

Default 07 Mustang GT or............

First of all I know that you guys are not big fans of ricers, but I don't consider a WRX, WRX/STI a ricer. I am trying to decide which to get. I live in MI and we do get snow hear. I like both cars for different reasons:

Mustang GT:
-Classic car
-Its a Mustang
-Look of the 05-07, espically with the Cervini's C-300 body kit, which I will get if I get the Stang.
-Raw hp

WRX
-AWD (great handling)
-Turbocharged
-Reliable (all year)
-Aggressive look
http://www.wrxtuners.com/wrx_gallery...atid=newimages

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/member.php?u=10314

http://www.wrxtuners.com/wrx_gallery...atid=newimages This is the color I would get

Let me know what you guys think
Thanks for your help
Old 03-01-2007, 08:47 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 07 Mustang GT or............

dude, your posting in a mustang forum, you know whats gonna happen, plus you just cant beat the damn meatttttttiness, of the V8, and not just power, im also talking about the sound, with an off road H pipe and borla stingers, it sounds lethal, i cant even wait til I get long tubes. If you encounter the snow though somewhere, a awd car would be considerable, and i think your heading in the right direction there, but GT FTW...
Old 03-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Well if you are deciding the WRX vs the Mustang, get the mustang hands down..I hate WRX's...

But if you were considering the WRX STi....Get the STi over the mustang. I love STi's....

Old 03-01-2007, 08:52 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

Only car, WRX
Pleasure car + beater, Mustang
Old 03-01-2007, 08:54 PM
unreal41683

I live in Buffalo, NY and I am driving my 06 mustang in the winter. I just made sure to buy it with TCS and ABS and put on some snow tires. I don't know how much of a difference you would have with the gt though. Honestly you just have to be aware of the fact that you are driving a rwd car in mine, and you are fine. If you mess up, TCS kicks in pretty quick and straightens you out. My biggest problem is the other drivers around me who get pissed that it takes me a while to get going, or don't think I'm going fast enough. Note to anyone that cares, passing a car while the back end is fishtailing = bad idea.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

STI honestly...
Old 03-01-2007, 08:56 PM
unreal41683

Oh, and clearance can be an issue......

How much snow are we talking?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

yeah i would deff go with a gt over the wrx..the sti is different though..
Old 03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
07mustanggt
2nd Gear Member

Okay...I used to have a wrx (which i sold 6 weeks ago) and I loved that car to death. Well the reason I sold it is because of the fact that me and my parents ordered an 07 mustang gt. The STI we considered at first, but when I was 15 and the parents thought it to be too much horsepower for a 15 year old to have and I agree now...but thats not the case here. Graduation is in a few months and the parents said I could get a new car in place of the subaru. Well I drove the STI SEVERAL (parents said it would be okay now for some more horsepower) times because I love subarus after having the wrx and it's an all around great car and would love to have one. I talked to them about it and then I thought about a mustang and looked at the numbers (0-60, braking, skidpad, quarter mile, etc.) and looked at the potential of the motors for horsepower, looked at customizing it with body kits, wheels, exhaust, etc. and then went and drove a mustang gt 5-speed and I fell in love with the car. There really isn't a better sounding car out there in my opinion or looking. Compared to the looks of the sti the mustang is just killer. The one thing about the STI i hate the most though is the stupid turbo-lag and whine of the turbo. Don't get me wrong I love the feeling of the boost when it kicks in, but nothing beats beating someone off the line instead of watching them pull away then the car really "kick-in". Do what you want, both cars are great and they get looks where ever you go...I assure you though, more people will respond to the mustang with wows than the STI I believe. Hope your decision goes well and you think it out too...
Old 03-01-2007, 09:26 PM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

i'd never buy a car with 4 doors and i'd never buy a Subaru. get the Mustang and become one of us.

Quick Reply: 07 Mustang GT or............