Notices
3.7L V6 S550 Tech 2015 - 2017 This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Alignment Report Question, Was I ripped off?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 07:28 PM
vroomvroom13

Default Alignment Report Question, Was I ripped off?

Hey Guys, new to the forum and wanted to see if anyone could help me out. I went to Tire Kingdom today for a tire alignment. The guy that I talked to initially, wanted me to come back the next day because they were 2 hours away from closing but i insisted on doing it today. The alignment report came back and it looks like they barely did anything. Would you guys say that this is a proper alignment? I'm not sure how to read alignment reports so any advice you guys have would be great. And if it was done incorrectly what should I say when I go back? Thank you in advance!

2015 Ford Mustang V6

Old 01-11-2017, 08:26 PM
JimC

Why did you think you needed an alignment on a 2015? Other than the toe being off just a little, everything was within spec. Were you having handling or tire wear problems?
Old 01-18-2017, 10:28 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

I only get an alignment after getting new tires and putting a couple thousand miles on them.

Were you having problems??
Old 02-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Camster
2nd Gear Member

You were charged,and rightfully so,for setting up the machine,checking it,and adjustments if required.Same as going to the dentist for a checkup,whether they find cavities or not.A 2015 with probably not too many miles? I don't see the point of getting it done.My 2004 with 82k...it would probably be a good idea if I had it done,since it has never been done.On these modern cars(I'm a product of the 60s,where caster/camber came into play),it's just toe in to be done,I think.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:30 AM
User 92421
IN JAIL!

looks like they checked everything out and all was in spec, looks like they adjusted the toe to decrease your total toe even though it was in spec, they did make an improvement. you get charged to perform an alignment, whether they do any adjustments or not.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Yeah, that's normal. While it is a good idea to get the alignment checked every once in a while, unless the car recently had suspension/steering work or hit a curb/pot hole, I wouldn't expect to see much need to be changed.

Minor adjustments are sometimes needed as the car ages and components wear out. Your car is just at that point. What i see is just compensation for wear and yes, you should get charged whether or not they did anything unless they state they offer a free alignment check. Very few places these days offer that and usually it's a way for them to drum up suspension and steering work so I stay away from them.