Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Fords new 305 HP V6 for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:31 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Jesus, I may consider canceling my order. I don't want to support a company that could pull something like that, not in the slightest.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:00 PM
defiance777
2nd Gear Member

Talking LMAO

AND HERE COMES THE PARADE OF ALOT OF PISSED OF AND IN DENIAL 2010 MUSTANG OWNERS.
J/K

But in all seriousness a Big Congrats Ford. Finally we our cars won't have any problems with camaros and infinities. It'll be alot of fun kicking there a$$es.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frantz
I don't see what the big fuss is about. Sure an extra 100 hp will be an obvious advantage but we've been at a disadvantage of sorts anyway with a 4.6 and we have had fun being a strong underdog! Ford did the body refresh on que with the competition and now the new motors are ready too!
The complaint earlier about poor rolling acceleration is called "not being in the correct gear". If the one you're in isn't picking up and your doing less than 120... drop gears again!
JW for those of you old enough to remember... were people disappointed if they got the mustang the year before the old 5.0 came out?
Thank you for the driving lesson, Im not talking about banging gears acceleration. Im merely saying at a moderate speed, with mild throttle input, the acceleration is lacking for me. The main point im bringing up is not the current engines ups and downs according to my preferences, its how shady it seems to have the drive train and body modified a great deal only one year apart. Im all for the improvement of the platform. This is the first mustang i have ever owned and im impressed. BUT if this information was given to me when i was considering new cars, i would have waited or picked otherwise.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:17 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Well this certainly puts pause on my order. Car is supposedly getting built next week. New V6 seems stupidly competitive. 10K miles for oil changes, 6 Speed, Great gas mileage. Now we wait for the other shoe to drop.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:20 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Dammmitt, I should not have bought that 68 428 Mustang, I should have held out for the 429 in 69!

A 2010 4.6 Mustang has enough power to get you in trouble, but not enough power to get you out of trouble, on the other hand, the 2011 5.0 Mustang has enough power to get you in trouble but not enough power to get you out of trouble!
Old 11-30-2009, 04:31 PM
ousig2408

Originally Posted by Xcelsius
Thank you for the driving lesson, Im not talking about banging gears acceleration. Im merely saying at a moderate speed, with mild throttle input, the acceleration is lacking for me. The main point im bringing up is not the current engines ups and downs according to my preferences, its how shady it seems to have the drive train and body modified a great deal only one year apart. Im all for the improvement of the platform. This is the first mustang i have ever owned and im impressed. BUT if this information was given to me when i was considering new cars, i would have waited or picked otherwise.
like I said before I am sure the economy/bankruptcy issues hinderd some decision making last year. This year Ford seems to have really turned it around. This could have been planned for a mid refresh but has been pulled in due to their overall current stability.
it is not "shady" it is simply business. like you said before get a supercharger installed at your dealership and keep a good warranty and have some real fun!
Old 11-30-2009, 04:46 PM
sponkey21
1st Gear Member

It's not simple business, it's stupid business. Just because some are dumb enough not to be bothered by this or incompetent enough to swallow the "just business" tripe does not mean it is a smart decision. Can you honestly tell me that people would not be as happy if they had brought it all out at once?
Is anyone upset now? Yes
Would anyone have complained if they had released the body and drivetrain together? No
That means this decision created negative feelings towards Ford despite the fantastic car they will now have on lots. If you ask me, that is a bad decision. Moderate to major update every 3 or 4 years. That should be what happens. Maybe a minor tweak in the middle if you want, but not a body style one year and a fantastic drivetrain the next. don't even try to defend it as good business. Just because other companies have done it is not a good reason either.
Fewer pissed off people=greater customer satisfaction=good business decision
As I said, if you are still happy with your 2010, fantastic. It is a good car. I just know that there are people who want a great car and are upset that they got shafted.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:01 PM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

How wild is this ...

"What we are interested in is the rather off-hand comment from one of the engineers regarding the track pack. Optional on the V6, the track pack turns things up a notch and makes it a track-day special. Said unnamed engineer mentioned there's a distinct possibility the track-pack equipped V6 will not only stick with the V8 track-pack 'Stang, it might even outrun it. Well, we would certainly be happy to test that theory out."
Old 11-30-2009, 05:02 PM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

How cool is this ...

Borrowing from the Mustang GT, the Performance Package includes numerous suspension, braking and body stiffening upgrades to deliver unparalleled handling performance. That road-holding is helped by a near-equal front/rear weight distribution, providing exceptional transient response along with the car's slimmed-down curb weight of less than 3,500 pounds.

2011 Mustang Performance Package upgrades include:
A 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
Unique 19-inch wheels
Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
A strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
Unique electronic stability control calibration with Sport mode for performance driving
Unique badging
Old 11-30-2009, 05:18 PM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

I think that right now this doesnt bother me too much because I bought a V6 anyway and I am mainly just modding the exterior because Mustangs are my favorite looking cars. It really isnt meant to go super fast and I dont race it so I have all the power I need for now. The only thing that would make me mad is if this new more powerful Stang costs as much as the 2010s. If they are more expensive by a few grand (say $3,000), then whatever, mine will look better and theirs will be faster. I can live with that, there will always be a faster car, I know some ricers that put out 300HP unfortunately. What are you gonna do.

Quick Reply: Fords new 305 HP V6 for 2011