Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

The 2011 V6 Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 09:26 AM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

Just an fyi those stock mufflers each weigh damn near as much as a washtub, didn't put them on a scale but I would say around 30#s each. The guy who did my exhaust work said they felt even heavier than the new camaro stock mufflers and we know how huge those are So I figure my setup lost somewhere around 25-30#s of the back further helping weight distribution
Old 07-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
any chance you can make a couple videos of inside and out? It sounded decent on their interior video.
Heres a interior vid. I'll do a better one later. You'll have to excuse the missed shifts and the crappy driving, but my tripod kept falling off the seat. You'll hear me roll up the windows at the beginning 'cause of the darn airplane.

Spirited driving:
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=DSC_0293.mp4

Rolled the windows back down for this one so you could hear as much exhaust as possible.

Slow cruising:
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=DSC_0294.mp4

Last edited by Funster_2011V6; 07-31-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:02 PM
TMODEM

Too me, those really sound good Funster! Thanks for posting those vids.

I'm really not hearing what you're hearing...BUT...you're in the car and I'm not!

Usually, I have the tunes cranked and the Mustang is pretty much driven in town for 90% of the time. So, I'm not worried about highway drone. I find the stocks to be quite large and unsightly and they really aren't loud enough for the horsepower the engine is producing. Like you, I want factory...just louder!
Old 08-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TMODEM
Too me, those really sound good Funster! Thanks for posting those vids.

I'm really not hearing what you're hearing...BUT...you're in the car and I'm not!

Usually, I have the tunes cranked and the Mustang is pretty much driven in town for 90% of the time. So, I'm not worried about highway drone. I find the stocks to be quite large and unsightly and they really aren't loud enough for the horsepower the engine is producing. Like you, I want factory...just louder!
THanks!

I may be crazy, but I just ordered the corsa system. They specifically say NO DRONE in the description so we'll see.

Besides, what fun is a credit card if you never max it out, right?
Old 08-01-2010, 02:43 PM
bym
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Funster_2011V6
Heres a interior vid. I'll do a better one later. You'll have to excuse the missed shifts and the crappy driving, but my tripod kept falling off the seat. You'll hear me roll up the windows at the beginning 'cause of the darn airplane.

Spirited driving:
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=DSC_0293.mp4

Rolled the windows back down for this one so you could hear as much exhaust as possible.

Slow cruising:
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=DSC_0294.mp4
I actually like how it sounds! louder, im not saying like a v8 but actually a pretty decent sound for a v6
Old 08-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Adamhasamustang

I also thought my 2011 v6 was to quiet but didnt like the idea of paying 400 to 500 $ for a axel back. So i went down to the local exhuast shop and had them do a muffler delete for 250$. May sound spendy to you but up in fairbanks AK its a fair deal.

Sounds 370Z ish and pops and crackels on the decel.

had a few drinks and the wife was driving. played with the camera a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVISkYVRuns
Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

WOW. LOUD.

But VERY cool!

As far as the poping goes, the MRT system does it too. In fact, when I put the stocks back on, even THEY do it, but they're so muffled you never hear it unless you listen for it.

Originally Posted by Adamhasamustang
I also thought my 2011 v6 was to quiet but didnt like the idea of paying 400 to 500 $ for a axel back. So i went down to the local exhuast shop and had them do a muffler delete for 250$. May sound spendy to you but up in fairbanks AK its a fair deal.

Sounds 370Z ish and pops and crackels on the decel.

had a few drinks and the wife was driving. played with the camera a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVISkYVRuns
Old 08-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Adamhasamustang

So it runs rich stock then?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

I have no idea. I wouln't think so, with ford going for the fuel economy.

I was thinking ford probably tweaked the system lean when off throttle for economy (would'nt that make it pop too?) but thats just a WAG (wild assed guess).

Rich or lean I'm inclined to think a tuner could fix it.

Originally Posted by Adamhasamustang
So it runs rich stock then?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

Well fellas, I put the Corsa system on just a little while ago and its..... Quiet.

I love the fact that the drone is gone (TOTALY ), and the very top end is almost as loud as the MRT. But in between it seems as quiet as the stock system; just the tone is fuller. It isn't NEARLY as rich as the MRT, though, almost tinny in comparison.

Unless Borla comes out with something groundbreaking, I'm afraid this is as good as it gets for me. Gonna spend my money on a tune next.

I will say the corsa still wieghs less than stock (though heavier than the MRT) and it is a true straight through pipe inside the canister, just with porting holes for the sound cancelling. The motor seems to like it and pulls clean to the redline.

The quality is second to none. Makes the MRT look like someone made it in thier garage.

The popping on decel is less than the MRT, strangely enough.

Revving at a standstill is flat compared to the richness of the MRT, but that richness is what made the drone.

I guess what im saying is, the Corsa stays on, the stock stays on the shelf, and my used MRT is going up for sale.....

Last edited by Funster_2011V6; 08-10-2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Kant spell 8)

Quick Reply: The 2011 V6 Exhaust System