Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

How to: Turn off advance trac.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 07:56 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Pascal, somehow I missed that post. I appreciate your pleasant tone and help. So many people are jerks today.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

Thanks GTracer88 for this info. I know it'l be helpful for me fairly soon :P
Old 08-09-2010, 11:44 PM
makeitblack

dude really thanks for the post. I had no idea :-P
Old 08-21-2010, 09:52 PM
phantom24
1st Gear Member

Do you have to reset it each time or once it is off it stays off. How do you reset it if necessary?
Old 08-22-2010, 02:03 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by phantom24
Do you have to reset it each time or once it is off it stays off. How do you reset it if necessary?
Once its off its always off until your turn it on by A. pressing the traction button again, or B. Turning off the car and turning it back on.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Flyin' Taco

I'm a little confused. When I turn TC off, then turn the car off, do I have to turn TC off again next time I turn the car on?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Flyin' Taco
I'm a little confused. When I turn TC off, then turn the car off, do I have to turn TC off again next time I turn the car on?
Yep. Only way around this is a tune. There is a parameter that lets you set the startup default to "off"
Old 08-23-2010, 12:17 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Flyin' Taco
Yes. Ill try to be as non confusing as possible...

Example 1:
You enter the car and turn the car on. You press the button to turn traction control off. Then while holding the brakes hold the TC button down for 6 seconds. Now the advance track is off.. It will remain off. Lets say you now press the TC button. Now traction control is on along with the Advance track. If you want both off again you must repeat the steps.

Example 2:
The car is on, your already have the TC and Advance track off (again this is done by pressing the TC once and then holding the brakes and pressing down the TC button for 6 seconds) and now you turn the car off. If you turn the car on and want them both off you WILL have to repeat these steps again in order to turn them off.

IDK how to be clearer. Hopefully this helps.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:10 AM
makeitblack

what is the difference between advance track and traction control?
Old 08-24-2010, 03:05 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Traction Control - Basically when the computer detects a loss of traction, this quickly responds by reducing engine power when necessary and selectively applying brake force to the slipping wheel while transferring power to the opposite wheel. It helps give drivers a more seamless and controlled driving experience.

Advance trac uses ABS, TC, and Yaw Control.

Yaw control - This component helps drivers avoid skidding and fishtailing. When understeer (which leads to skidding) or oversteer (which leads to fishtailing) is detected, the system selectively applies individual brakes and modifies engine power to maximize control

Quick Reply: How to: Turn off advance trac.