Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Official show your 2011+ V6 off thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 06:53 PM
GTS 3.7L
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
you did not have to swivel the mid pipes to center? thanks
Once I got the mufflers installed and mated to the mid pipes I used a small screw driver and stuck the handle of the screwdriver in between the top of the exhaust tips and the rear valance cutout for the exhaust tips to get the tips centered in relation to the rear valance cutout hole and then tightened the pipe clamp bands down.
You have to remove the stock pipe clamp bands from the stock mufflers and reuse them for the Magnaflow mufflers.

The hardest part of the install was getting the stock mufflers off.
To get the drivers side muffler off I had to remove the two bolts of the upper pan hard bar so I could drop it down out of the way in order to get clearance to slide the muffler foward off the rubber hanger bushings.
The passenger side muffler didn't have that problem, it slid foward off the hanger bushing with no problem.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

I like that Shelby wing on your car! Is that the Ford peice or the one by 3dCarbon?

I have a pre-painted one on order is why i'm asking, my other 3dCarbon parts were good, so heres hoping..
Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 PM
GTS 3.7L
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Funster_2011V6
I like that Shelby wing on your car! Is that the Ford peice or the one by 3dCarbon?

I have a pre-painted one on order is why i'm asking, my other 3dCarbon parts were good, so heres hoping..
It's manufactured by DG Custom.
I got it from stage3motorsports.
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...--Painted.html
Old 09-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTS 3.7L
It's manufactured by DG Custom.
I got it from stage3motorsports.
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...--Painted.html
Ok, then, cool!

Do you like it?

Did you do the install yourself?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:29 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

where are u in louisiana GTS?
and my magnaflow didnt exactly fit like it should have
Old 09-03-2010, 11:01 PM
GTS 3.7L
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Funster_2011V6
Ok, then, cool!

Do you like it?

Did you do the install yourself?
Yeah I like it alot, the car is noticeably more stable at highway speeds.
I ordered it prepainted.

Installed it myself, just had to remove the little spoiler that came with the car first, which was a PITA! lol

First you pop the trunk lid and remove the felt cover on the underside of the trunk lid, it has 13 (if I remember correctly) reusable plastic push rivets.
Then unscrew the 4 nuts that hold the spoiler in place, the outer nuts are hidden by plastic covers, pop those off, there's two of them.
Close trunk lid.
Then get some blue painters masking tape and tape the area all around the edges of the spoiler, then get a razor blade and carefully cut into the double sided tape that also holds the stock spoiler in place, try to cut into the tape as far as you can, the blue painters tape is for protecting your paint from scratching it when you are cutting into the tape.
Cutting into the tape helps to break the seal of the tape, which makes it easier to seperate the spoiler from the trunk lid by pulling it up with your hands.
Pull up starting on one end of the spoiler and you'll probably have to cut into the tape some more as you go, then do the other side of the spoiler the same way.
Once you start to break the seal of the tape it get's easier.
Just don't use any kind of tool to help you pry off the spoiler, just use your hands.
When you finally get the spoiler off, remove the blue painters tape and use your thumb or fingers to rub off the remaining double sided tape that's left on the trunk lid, then get some isopropyl alcohol and clean the area where the tape was.

Then your ready to install the new spoiler.
The GT 500 style spoiler I ordered did not come with any mounting bolts, so I went to napa and got 4 threaded studs (metric)(can't remember the pitch but they were about an inch long) and nuts, I lock-tighted the studs into the threaded holes on the new spoiler, pealed back about an inch of the double sided tape cover strips on the new spoiler(enough to grip it easily with my fingers) and carefully and lightly centered it into place, then I pulled the tape cover strips off being careful not to tear the tape cover strips by pulling to hard and too fast, when I had all the tape cover strips removed I then pressed down on the spoiler.
Open trunk lid up, screw on the nuts to the studs and tighten them up, don't over tighten (about 25 inch lbs. should be pleanty tight), install the two plastic outer bolt hole covers, install the felt underside trunk lid cover, remember to fish the emergency trunk escape latch thingy thru the hole in the felt cover, then reinstall the 13 reusable black plastic push rivets.
Close trunk lid.
Your done!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:05 PM
GTS 3.7L
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
where are u in louisiana GTS?
and my magnaflow didnt exactly fit like it should have
baton rouge area

Last edited by GTS 3.7L; 11-14-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:11 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

damn 8? you go through them pretty fast lol
on my 6er i had a problem where my left tail pipe hung about 1 inche lower than the right one and more to the right
you can see it here: https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ew-rims-3.html

but still tho i really like the exhaust
do u have any car clubs up there? what city is 30 miles north of me lol
Old 09-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTS 3.7L
Yeah I like it alot, the car is noticeably more stable at highway speeds.
I ordered it prepainted.

Installed it myself, just had to remove the little spoiler that came with the car first, which was a PITA! lol

First you pop the trunk lid and remove the felt cover on the underside of the trunk lid, it has 13 (if I remember correctly) reusable plastic push rivets.
Then unscrew the 4 nuts that hold the spoiler in place, the outer nuts are hidden by plastic covers, pop those off, there's two of them.
Close trunk lid.
Then get some blue painters masking tape and tape the area all around the edges of the spoiler, then get a razor blade and carefully cut into the double sided tape that also holds the stock spoiler in place, try to cut into the tape as far as you can, the blue painters tape is for protecting your paint from scratching it when you are cutting into the tape.
Cutting into the tape helps to break the seal of the tape, which makes it easier to seperate the spoiler from the trunk lid by pulling it up with your hands.
Pull up starting on one end of the spoiler and you'll probably have to cut into the tape some more as you go, then do the other side of the spoiler the same way.
Once you start to break the seal of the tape it get's easier.
Just don't use any kind of tool to help you pry off the spoiler, just use your hands.
When you finally get the spoiler off, remove the blue painters tape and use your thumb or fingers to rub off the remaining double sided tape that's left on the trunk lid, then get some isopropyl alcohol and clean the area where the tape was.

Then your ready to install the new spoiler.
The GT 500 style spoiler I ordered did not come with any mounting bolts, so I went to napa and got 4 threaded studs (metric)(can't remember the pitch but they were about an inch long) and nuts, I lock-tighted the studs into the threaded holes on the new spoiler, pealed back about an inch of the double sided tape cover strips on the new spoiler(enough to grip it easily with my fingers) and carefully and lightly centered it into place, then I pulled the tape cover strips off being careful not to tear the tape cover strips by pulling to hard and too fast, when I had all the tape cover strips removed I then pressed down on the spoiler.
Open trunk lid up, screw on the nuts to the studs and tighten them up, don't over tighten (about 25 inch lbs. should be pleanty tight), install the two plastic outer bolt hole covers, install the felt underside trunk lid cover, remember to fish the emergency trunk escape latch thingy thru the hole in the felt cover, then reinstall the 13 reusable black plastic push rivets.
Close trunk lid.
Your done!
Awesome write-up! Cant wait for mine to come in...

I figured that the stock spoiler is gonna be a pain to remove, I was planning on using string or dental floss and sliding it under the spoiler and sawing it back and forth to break the tape i'm not that good with sharp things near my paint....

I get a kick out of the "escape latch thingy". People see it and ask me WTH is that? And I say "thats to help me escape if some thug stuffs me in my own trunk."

Last edited by Funster_2011V6; 09-03-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:29 PM
GTS 3.7L
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
damn 8? you go through them pretty fast lol
on my 6er i had a problem where my left tail pipe hung about 1 inche lower than the right one and more to the right
you can see it here: https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ew-rims-3.html

but still tho i really like the exhaust
do u have any car clubs up there? what city is 30 miles north of me lol
On your exhaust, try losening all the connection points and get a friend to hold the tips as centered as possible while you retighten.

Last edited by GTS 3.7L; 11-14-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Official show your 2011+ V6 off thread.