Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Look what showed up at AmericanMuscle's door today... thanks JLT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 05:05 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Default Look what showed up at AmericanMuscle's door today... thanks JLT!

A 2011 V6 Cold Air Intake from JLT! Carbon fiber, smooth bends, reinforced coupler, large heatshield with pinch seal for the hood. This thing is sick!

Anyone want to wager a guess what the gains are going to be?

This is going on our 2011 and on the dyno Monday or Tuesday!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:58 PM
stang11v6
2nd Gear Member

you mean to tell me it is going to be that much different then C&L CAI or a Steeda or others. They are look the same. Tube, filter, sheild. Clamps.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:20 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

I say 14 hp, 10 tq. Wishful thinking. I received my email from JLT today to order on Monday.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:46 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Mine goes on with a tune after a 93 octane dyno run. Will let everyone know the results.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:49 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Lol if it is proven to be substantially more efficient than my MMR I will have one on order very soon. Please post results when you get them!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:23 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I did confirm Jay uses an S&B filter instead of the K&N which has an opening at the end vice being capped. Very nice!
Old 01-22-2011, 03:37 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Yes, JLT uses S&B filters which are very nice. They're cleanable and reusable, and are extremely high flowing.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:17 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Finishing up testing tomorrow, everyone. Should be able to post up by tomorrow night! We got our 87 Octane results and we're just moving on to 93 Octane.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:56 PM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

I have an SCT tuner I bought from you guys recently. Do these require a re-tune? And what's the price on these?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:52 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

I would recommend getting an updated tune based off of our recent testing and things that we've improved over the last few weeks. However, this JLT intake does not need a tune update, specifically.

There was 5 inches of snow last night, and it's been snowing like crazy all day. Either way, we were able to get our testing completed today. Good thing, too.. the construction around our dyno picks back up tomorrow all the way until the end of next week, so dyno is a no-go. We would have had to use a friends.

Anyway, we are compiling all of the results. We want to make it easy to read, and there will be a video as well (it might be all in video form, because these graphs get really jarbled up, so to speak). I will say that an intake and tune combo for the 2011 is definitely worth it. Not only does the car pick up horsepower, but the powerband is so much smoother.

We also re-tested the C&L intake as well, because it was a popular request.

We're happy with the results, and we're also going to show it to you like no other vendor will. Real dyno results from a third party.

Quick Reply: Look what showed up at AmericanMuscle's door today... thanks JLT!