Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Magnaflow Street or Corsa Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 03:28 PM
golkhl

Default Magnaflow Street or Corsa Sport?

Getting ready to pull the trigger on an axle back for our 2011 V6 vert. Narrowed it down to the Magnaflow Street axle back and the Corsa Sport axle back. Just looking for some feedback from anyone that has either of these. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:03 PM
GTS 3.7L
1st Gear Member

I have the Magnaflow Axle Back Exhaust, street version.
I'm very happy with the sound, there's no drone, in fact it's pretty quiet until I put the hammer down and then it comes to life.
Here's a link to my dyno run so you can hear how it sounds.
http://www.youtube.com/user/CodySHP#p/a/u/1/uuYMIB-FwXc
Old 02-08-2011, 05:13 PM
arnold66

Originally Posted by golkhl
Getting ready to pull the trigger on an axle back for our 2011 V6 vert. Narrowed it down to the Magnaflow Street axle back and the Corsa Sport axle back. Just looking for some feedback from anyone that has either of these. Thanks.
I have the Corsa Sport axle back on my car 2011 3.7 Auto with 3.73 rears. There also loud when you get hammer it. What I like is you can the exhaust almost all the time, the good news it comes from the rear of the car. A lot of exhaust get loud, but they sound like the exhaust pipes are in the car. There a is few Magnaflow Axle Back Exhaust for sale on E-Bay used no Corsa. Good luck with your pick.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:18 PM
golkhl

Ordered the Magnaflow Streets on monday from Autoanything.com, just got an email that FedEx is dropping them off later today! Will post an update when I get them installed.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:23 PM
LSUfan88

Hey GTS, I watched your dyno pull and noticed it was at stang-hi. I live by LSU and was looking for places to take my new mustang and was wondering how stang-hi was. Just like service and the atmosphere there. I kind of want a place I can go to and talk with the people and have good answers to my questions.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

I have the corsas. The best part is that they are totally silent until you want them to not be.

I will mention, though, that they have a funny tip that you either love or hate. I lopped them off for some Gibson tips identical to the stock ones.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
GTS 3.7L
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LSUfan88
Hey GTS, I watched your dyno pull and noticed it was at stang-hi. I live by LSU and was looking for places to take my new mustang and was wondering how stang-hi was. Just like service and the atmosphere there. I kind of want a place I can go to and talk with the people and have good answers to my questions.
Oh yes, I highly recommend Stang-Hi.
Cody is the owner, talk with him he'll be able to answer ANY questions you might have about your Mustang.
He's very professional and has a very nice shop and he knows what he's doing.
Go see him, you won't be disappointed at all.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 AM
SoFL05GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by golkhl
Ordered the Magnaflow Streets on monday from Autoanything.com, just got an email that FedEx is dropping them off later today! Will post an update when I get them installed.
That's who we bought our magnaflow street series axleback from back in late December, almost a month before our car arrived. They had a great sale back then. They arrived really quick and in perfect condition. I installed them just last weekend and they sound great!
Old 02-12-2011, 02:19 PM
1BAD02RT

Howe come no one ever mentions MRT exhaust? I think it sounds much better than Roush, Borla, Magnaflow, etc. I hate anything raspy and it seems the others have that. This one is nice and smoooooth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIhUZvsgg4Y
Old 02-12-2011, 03:07 PM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

If anyone else is going with the Magnaflow exhaust, check us out before you buy. May be able to save you a few bucks.

Just brought in some inventory on the 2011 Magnaflow Exhausts systems and want to move the quick!

Just e-mail the part# and your zip code to sales@southernmustangparts.com

Thanks

Ken

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Street or Corsa Sport?