Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Official 0-60 thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

Default Official 0-60 thread!

I looked at all 13 pages of the 3.7L section and was surprised to NOT see a dedicated 0-60mph section so I decided to start one. I invite everyone to post their results and chime in about how they managed it with the following template:
--------------

0-60mph time:
Mods(gears, tune, bolt-ons, wheels, etc etc etc):
Launch Method: example for manualid you just take off like you would for normal city driving and just gun it as soon as the car was rolling or did you do a "clutch drop", if the latter, at what RPM. Automatics: Did you just stomp it or did you use torque braking to pre-load before releasing the brakes? For both: Traction control was on or off?
What did you use to calculate your time?:

--------------
I think this info could be interesting as well as reveal maybe the ideal launching method as we start seeing a pattern emerge. Plus it could help quantify and compile the results of different modsets all in one thread.

As for me, I will post as soon as I get the car, which should be within the next 3 weeks
Old 03-24-2011, 05:41 PM
downshift808

Originally Posted by Upsh1ft
I looked at all 13 pages of the 3.7L section and was surprised to NOT see a dedicated 0-60mph section so I decided to start one. I invite everyone to post their results and chime in about how they managed it with the following template:
--------------

0-60mph time:
Mods(gears, tune, bolt-ons, wheels, etc etc etc):
Launch Method: example for manualid you just take off like you would for normal city driving and just gun it as soon as the car was rolling or did you do a "clutch drop", if the latter, at what RPM. Automatics: Did you just stomp it or did you use torque braking to pre-load before releasing the brakes? For both: Traction control was on or off?
What did you use to calculate your time?:

--------------
I think this info could be interesting as well as reveal maybe the ideal launching method as we start seeing a pattern emerge. Plus it could help quantify and compile the results of different modsets all in one thread.

As for me, I will post as soon as I get the car, which should be within the next 3 weeks
Rough calculation with stop-watch, so obviously not 100% accurate
0-60mph time: 5.9
Mods(gears, tune, bolt-ons, wheels, etc etc etc): bone stock. Auto Trans. 2.73 Gears
Launch Method: T/C completely off, brake-torque to 2500RPM and drop the brake...spun tires something good (Stock 235/50/18 Pirelli PZero Nero All-seasons)
What did you use to calculate your time?: Stop watch.
I'd love to redo it but measure it more acurately.

Cheers,
Matias.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Grungie
1st Gear Member

4.8-5.3 seconds using stopwatch method, and the timer on our car.

Mods... 3.73 gears, 93P tune, C&L CAI, Borla S-type, Nitto 555 275 wide rear tires. 68 degree weather. No TC or advancetrac

Launch method - Rev up to 2,000 rpm and.... GO!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

There is no 0-60 thread because its pretty pointless. There is no accurate/reliable way of measuring it and its such a short distance.

1/8 and 1/4 mile are what matter.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
There is no 0-60 thread because its pretty pointless. There is no accurate/reliable way of measuring it and its such a short distance.

exactly
Old 03-25-2011, 06:49 AM
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life

I can refute that by saying that most of us do most of our driving on the streets rather than at the track. And considering that the highest speeds limits on north american public roads usually range between 55 and 65mph (with some exceptions), then the 0-60 times start making more sense since it's what we're most likely to be using when we decide to have some fun on the commute. 1/4 mile times on the street are rather pointless because at that much distance you're obliterating the speed limit and risk losing your licence in many parts.

1/4 = relevant for track use
0-60 = relevant for street use

Oh also, there are accurate and reliable ways to measure it tool wise, of course the results are completely driver dependent i'm aware.

For those who feel like it, go ahaid and post your 1/4 times if you want to under the same format.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:50 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

no one is saying its not relevant information, its impossible to measure accurate enough to matter. There is a huge difference between 5.0 and 5.9, but thats the difference in how quick you hit the button and the slight lag on your speedo.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Upsh1ft
I can refute that by saying that most of us do most of our driving on the streets rather than at the track. And considering that the highest speeds limits on north american public roads usually range between 55 and 65mph (with some exceptions), then the 0-60 times start making more sense since it's what we're most likely to be using when we decide to have some fun on the commute. 1/4 mile times on the street are rather pointless because at that much distance you're obliterating the speed limit and risk losing your licence in many parts.

1/4 = relevant for track use
0-60 = relevant for street use

Oh also, there are accurate and reliable ways to measure it tool wise, of course the results are completely driver dependent i'm aware.

For those who feel like it, go ahaid and post your 1/4 times if you want to under the same format.
So you're just going to completely ignore that I also said 1/8 mile? Your car does 75-80mph in the 1/8 mile.

Also, the majority of the places you can legally do 60mph don't have lights for you to take off from. They're freeways, so its not like you'll be stopping and going, you're just going to be going.

Maybe you can find a flat freeway entrance ramp and take off a stop. I doubt you'd stop as soon as you hit 60mph so you might as well complete an 1/8 mile and get some that data.

Lastly, people don't measure times to a speed, they measure times to a distance. Races are won't by hitting a certain speed first, they're won by getting somewhere first.

Last edited by Bmr4life; 03-25-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:26 AM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

I've gone 0-100+mph in less than 14seconds from a standstill repeteadly&consistently does that count? lol
Old 03-25-2011, 10:23 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

I live my life one 1/4 mile at a time...

Quick Reply: Official 0-60 thread!