Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion > 3.7L V6 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #51
Ralph289

Vehicle: 1968 Ford Mustang

Great job Hogasswild !
Would love to know results of a 87s tune if you can, I think many others would too.
THANKS
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 04-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #52
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012, Mustang, V6 Premium

Hey guys, this thread has inspired me, so far i'm averaging 11L/100km with mostly city driving and a moderately heavy foot at times. I've been using nothing but Shell Bronze(87) in the tank for the past 2000 km. The issue is the Bronze has 10% ethanol. So I will tank up with some shell V-power (super high quality 91 octane, pure gas no ethanol) and see if I can get an improvement over a few tanks. I'm hoping a drop to 9 so I can recoup the tremendous costs of canadian 91 octane lol.
Black Cloth Interior(3/4 Upgraded to Leather)
Interior Upgrade Package /w Comfort Package
BAMA 91H tune, Airaid CAI
Borla ATAK Cat-Back(Holy sh*t)
Ord: 12/29/10 | Built: 04/01/11 | Owned: 04/12/11
Upsh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #53
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang V6 Premium 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangs-R-me View Post
Hogass ... are you running E10 gas (10% ethanol) or are these numbers with G100 (ethanol free) gas ??
Unfortunately all on E10 gas. I would love to try pure gas but the only place I know of is a small gas station that caters to the boating community and isn't convenient for me to get to.
hogasswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #54
stangs-R-me

Vehicle: 2011 V6 M/T MCA Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasswild View Post
Unfortunately all on E10 gas. I would love to try pure gas but the only place I know of is a small gas station that caters to the boating community and isn't convenient for me to get to.
Thats great ... just shows then how impressive your numbers really are and that even better is obtainable on G100 if it can be found !!

Doug
past rides:
2004 Comp Orange 3.9L V6 5-Spd Prem Coupe (0-126k miles)
1998 Chrome Yellow 3.8L V6 5-Spd Coupe (0-131k miles)
1994 Bright Blue 3.8L V6 5-Spd Coupe (0-89k miles)
1979 Fairmont Futura w/ '85 HO 5.0L, built AOD, FMS 3.27 T-Lok, Quad Shks, 10-Hole LX Rims, SVO Seats&Console (a Stang w/real back seat & trunk)
stangs-R-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #55
Peaches91

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang, GT
Default General Questions

Hello gents. Just picked myself up a 07 GT, and looking for some inforamtion.

Im Kinda new to the Bama, and brenspeed chips, would anyone be so kind as to explain the difference between the two, and possibly the difference between the settings?

The previous owner hooked my up with the latest updates, however i feel i would be better served to be fully aware of what i am dealing with and how to get better performance out of my newly found joy!

Thanks Gents

CP
Peaches91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #56
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches91 View Post
Hello gents. Just picked myself up a 07 GT, and looking for some inforamtion.

Im Kinda new to the Bama, and brenspeed chips, would anyone be so kind as to explain the difference between the two, and possibly the difference between the settings?

The previous owner hooked my up with the latest updates, however i feel i would be better served to be fully aware of what i am dealing with and how to get better performance out of my newly found joy!

Thanks Gents

CP
You are in the wrong section of the forum actually - this one is specific to the 3.7L V6.

But as far as the "chips" - the new Mustangs no longer using chips for tuning. You get a handheld tuner, with SCT being the most common and most widely used by the tuners.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #57
jimbo101

Vehicle: 2014 mustang premium coup

If I used 89 octane with my 87 octane hybrid tune could this improve my mpg or would it mess my tune up.
Would very much like to hear any info. thank you
jimbo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #58
JimC

Vehicle: 2013 MCA convertible

You can always go to a higher octane with no problems - and with the 2014 you have the computer will make some adjustments using the knock sensors. But you won't get the most power out of it without a tune.

It won't improve your MPG either.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:46 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2011, 87, bama, idle, jungo, llc, mpg, mustang, performance, rough, rpm, sct, street, tune, v6