Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

anyone help me ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Jake Suppo

Default anyone help me ??

sooo i cant decide which mufflers to choose for my 2011 mustang v6
i need someone to help me and tell me which one is better then the other

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12242

or

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12245
Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 PM
DarkhelmetRT
1st Gear Member

Well the first link is for SVT mufflers which won't fit your car, and although the second will fit, I'm not a fan of frp exhaust. I have the Borla touring system and love it. Bassani also makes a nice axle back. and they both cost less than frp.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Jake Suppo

but could there be anyway the svt mufflers fit?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:56 PM
WIDEtotheNER

Originally Posted by DarkhelmetRT
Well the first link is for SVT mufflers which won't fit your car, and although the second will fit, I'm not a fan of frp exhaust. I have the Borla touring system and love it. Bassani also makes a nice axle back. and they both cost less than frp.
Im interested in the S or ATAK, what's your opinion on the touring vs. the other two available from Borla? Also, what else did you swap in your exhaust?
Old 03-30-2011, 08:10 AM
DarkhelmetRT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WIDEtotheNER
Im interested in the S or ATAK, what's your opinion on the touring vs. the other two available from Borla? Also, what else did you swap in your exhaust?
I just have the axle back and a jlt intake everything else is stock. I'd have to say that the car sounds pretty mean, but it's also pretty quiet. maybe 10 db louder than stock. I like it, but if I had to do it again I'd go with the S type
Old 03-30-2011, 08:46 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

10dB? That would mean it is more than 8 times louder. Every 3dB means you're doubling in volume.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:38 AM
Colonel Kurtz

To OP, Technically you can get a muffler shop to weld any muffler lol,... but it might not sound right.

From what i have heard it comes down to 2 choices: Borla ATAK for an loud/aggressive exhaust note, or bassani for a lower volume, yet bassier and exotic exhaust note.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Mark Shenker

Hi everyone!
Jake, what about Corsa Axle-back System? With Dual Rear Exit with 3.5" Pro-Series Tips with Sport Sound
Old 04-01-2011, 11:52 AM
toledo5189

Originally Posted by Colonel Kurtz
To OP, Technically you can get a muffler shop to weld any muffler lol,... but it might not sound right.

From what i have heard it comes down to 2 choices: Borla ATAK for an loud/aggressive exhaust note, or bassani for a lower volume, yet bassier and exotic exhaust note.
I have the Borla ATAK axlebacks with a JLT intake and I do not regret either of those choices. When driving my AT v6 around as a daily driver I think the ATAKs are perfect. During normal rides they add the perfect sound to the car. Now when you stomp it the ATAKs wake up. With the combination of the JLT intake they sounds amazing in my opinion. I have a video up on youtube before I put my intake in. Check it out if you haven't already made a purchase. I'll try to update the video soon because the intake added a deeper note from inside the cabin as well as outside.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:44 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

I`ve got the Magnaflow streets and they are just right for me. Low, deep tone at low rpm and nice under wot, no drone. They really do sound just like the you-tube videos.