Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Thinking about adding stripes

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:22 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

thanks that was my '10 gt, that's how much I like the v6, I traded it in for the v6
Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 AM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Here is a pic of my 11 v6 with 12" stripes, 2" apart over the whole car plus the stripes on the side. I love it personally as I think any stripes over the car under 12" are just too small. I saw a grabber blue last night and it had 2 6" stripes over it....looked horrible to me.

I paid about $300 for everthing installed. Eventually, I would like to get the painted on, but the vinyl is nice too.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Joenpb
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Very nice!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:51 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

yep looks good, but you are right, the painted I loved cause no caution needed when detailing it
Old 04-10-2011, 03:40 PM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
yep looks good, but you are right, the painted I loved cause no caution needed when detailing it
I like them painted not because of detailing so much as to the longevity of them. The vinyl is nice becasue it provides a preview of the paint. If some reason I would not have liked the stripe design, then it would come right off with no real problem. Paint on the other hand would be a small fortune to change.

Any idea what it would cost to paint the stripes on? I haven't really looked into yet as I am hoping to get some new wheels first.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:57 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by swagfu
I like them painted not because of detailing so much as to the longevity of them. The vinyl is nice becasue it provides a preview of the paint. If some reason I would not have liked the stripe design, then it would come right off with no real problem. Paint on the other hand would be a small fortune to change.

Any idea what it would cost to paint the stripes on? I haven't really looked into yet as I am hoping to get some new wheels first.
mine were just under 2,000
Old 04-10-2011, 05:01 PM
sketchy00
2nd Gear Member

One other consideration... have you thought about going with just the over the top-rallys and removing the lower side stripes?

Another interesting take on the rally, is like the '68 and '69 camaro, not going with the stripes on the roof. As much as I've always loved 'em, sometimes all the way over the top can be a bit much.

But it looks great though.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:41 PM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
mine were just under 2,000
WOW!!!! Don't think I would pay that much. I could replace the stripes 7 times for that..
Old 04-10-2011, 06:42 PM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sketchy00
One other consideration... have you thought about going with just the over the top-rallys and removing the lower side stripes?

Another interesting take on the rally, is like the '68 and '69 camaro, not going with the stripes on the roof. As much as I've always loved 'em, sometimes all the way over the top can be a bit much.

But it looks great though.
I had thought of that, and a lot of other things, but I like how it turned out. I almost went with just the sides and nothing on top.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:00 PM
sketchy00
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by swagfu
I had thought of that, and a lot of other things, but I like how it turned out. I almost went with just the sides and nothing on top.
Well then go with what you think looks right!!

The reason I mentioned the other alternatives is that I (and some others) have noticed the cleaner lines of the 2011 sometimes demands a less busy look. ...things that some could get away with on the previous generation doesn't look quite the same on an '11.

Quick Reply: Thinking about adding stripes