Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

BAMA 93R Hybrid tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 03:46 PM
D BERRY
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sketchy00
You gotta love the science of the human condition... I guess that is why they make multiple tunes. ...My take was completely the opposite. The street tune felt, drove, and sounded so much better on my car. Tried like heck to like the Perf tune, but when I went back to the Street tune, it was like this giant sigh of relief. Weird, huh.

Anyway, would love to try the new unnamed thing Chris from AM had refered to working on with the Red V6 in other posts...
I agree!

Dave
Old 04-18-2011, 01:07 PM
WIDEtotheNER

Originally Posted by sketchy00
You gotta love the science of the human condition... I guess that is why they make multiple tunes. ...My take was completely the opposite. The street tune felt, drove, and sounded so much better on my car. Tried like heck to like the Perf tune, but when I went back to the Street tune, it was like this giant sigh of relief. Weird, huh.

Anyway, would love to try the new unnamed thing Chris from AM had refered to working on with the Red V6 in other posts...

"The science of the human condition", I like that take on it. I switched from the S to P and thought it was tighter feeling. Switched from P to R yesterday for a drive from Austin to DFW. Austin to Waco sucks right now. Lots of stop and go on 35. Waco to DFW wasn't as bad and I was pleased with the R's feel at higher speeds (more so than I was with the S or P). Still haven't settled on one tune over the other seeing as how this is the first vehicle I've EVER done ANY mods to. But good Lord, this is a fun car to drive. I'm loving it. Thanks everyone for the advice thus far and stay safe out there.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:48 PM
jonb2

I know this thread is really old...but I just ordered a 91 hybrid tune for my 2013 with a couple tweeks today. Will try it out and give impressions.

For anyone who has this already...most of my driving is street at or below 3k rpm. How does this compare to say just Bama's 91 street only tune for daily driving?

thanks.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:04 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

What is this 'hybrid' tune that this old thread got dug up about? Were the changes in tuning filtered down to the 'current' S, P, and R tunes or is this still something you have to specifically ask for?

I love the top end that R gives, and the note it makes is sexy, but have been sitting on S for a while as it fits my driving patterns/traffic better. P just doesn't seem to give the extra torque down low that S does.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:47 AM
jonb2

The "hybrid" tune is basically a combo of the low end street tune + high end race tune. It is based on adapting the straight race tune with low end street properties. Yes, you need to specifically ask for this but it's very easy to do via a quick email to Bama. So far, I found they are very responsive to any questions or changes in tunes that you would like.

I used the "hybrid" tune for awhile, but I have an automatic, so apparently the top end doesn't come into play very much. I use the low end much more. You will find the low end of this hybrid tune is very similar to the street tune. In fact, I've switched back to the street tune for my daily driving. I rarely go above 3-4k rpm so I don't take advantage of the race characteristics on the top band.

One other little tweak, since this is based on a race tune, the pedal response is very quick. I prefered the street tune response which is just a little slower in my opinion. Bama was able to tweak the hybrid tune on the low end for a slower pedal response similar to the straight street tune which I like better.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 PM
armyjared
1st Gear Member

Cannot wait to put my tunes in my car....think i will go with the performance tune first lol....Outta afghanistan soon and will definately go home and play a bit with the tunes lol
Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 AM
jeremy813
1st Gear Member

It's pretty cool. I have only used Street and Performance so far, but I want this hybrid now.

The street is nice for daily driving, but I like how the performance feels like the car pulls hard all the way to redline. Makes it feel like my old car, a honda vtec.
Hey at least it was the rwd s2000.

I would like the hybrid tune but with the slower throttle mapping of the street tune. I don't like that touchy throttle. It's too hard for me to drive it smoothly. Going to be emailing bama soon, just trying to talk myself out of buying an exhaust first.