Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

So Pi$$ed off right now, stupid!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:49 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Default So Pi$$ed off right now, stupid!

First off, I am really starting to HATE my stupid Mustang. It keeps eating batteries and the Ford dealer tests the car and tells me everything is peachy with the car. Okay, I can deal with that little issue.

But today is the last damn straw with this stupid car, I am sick of it all.

So the story behind this angry post: After school today I got into my car to leave school, turned it on like normal, everything is fine, no engine lights on, I started driving in the school parking lot ready to take the turn onto Blanco Road. I got into the usual school traffic, so I decided to put the car in reverse and back up a little to use a different exit, so after I backed up, I put the car in drive then hit the gas pedal lightly, the car just revs and acts like it is in neutral. No movement, no nothing, so I try the pedal again, same thing, but this time the whole car starts just rolling backwards, so I try to hit the brake pedal, but the brake pedal AND the steering wheel both locked and were rock hard. All this is while the engine was fully on, with no check engine lights nor funny noises coming from the car. So I pulled the parking brake and stopped the car, then the whole vehicle shut down and it completely died.

This scared the crap out of me, I was seconds from being out on busy Blanco Road, thankfully this happened in the parking lot.

The car was towed to the dealership (Southway), they better not make up some BS tomorrow morning, I swear.....

So angry right now.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

So my question and why have not done it yet....you got a bama tune or other tune..if so may be the ECU taking over , just my guess. sorry to hear the trouble.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Nope, everything inside the car is bone stock, no mods at all. Thanks though,
Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Maybe the interlock system to tranny, like the brake down, to shift, all out of sync.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:04 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

That sucks. Maybe try another dealership?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Tex-stang
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the trouble, hopfully things will work out. We hate to hear about a lemon mustang.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:31 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

If you don`t get satisfaction this time, isn`t it time to call the Ford area rep? I would now consider the car unsafe to drive.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:44 PM
regalt87

I am by no means a ASE certified mechanic but I wonder if you have a really important ground not making a good connection? Just a thought.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:28 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I'm sorry man that is really really terrible.
Maybe its something simple, just the dealership you have been taking it too sucks really bad.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:01 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

sounds like a shifter or transmission controller problem, they will probably replace one or the other or both. It sounds like an appropriate response to losing a shifter position message and shutting down when your vehicle speed was equal to 0. This could also be the source of your frequent dead batteries. Ask them to do an IOD (Ignition-off draw) check and ask what the value use.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So Pi$$ed off right now, stupid!