Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!
Old 11-04-2015, 12:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Stainless Works Catback Retro Exhaust

Old 03-28-2013, 05:45 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

That's great to hear, Doc. The SW system sounds great on the V-8s. They sound somewhat exotic.

However, we're talking about the 3.7L V-6. SW only makes the cat-back for the 3.7Ls, no headers or H-/X-pipes, and I can't find any other videos besides the original YouTube vid SW posted. I am curious to hear what a SW system sounds like with a LT header/X-pipe combo, like what BBK or ARH make.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:27 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Ah hell did not see it was a V6. You could always go with cat backs to start off with. Then get another header and mid pipe setup. Stainless Works seems to be a pretty rare exhaust system on Mustangs in general. I have not seen another one in my are with a Stainless Works setup.

They only seem to have one X-pipe too, wish they had an H-pipe myself. Debated putting a high flow H in my setup. I like the H-pipe soud over the X-pipe and will to take that slight lose of power fom it.

Just tossing it out there but I would think if you went with an aftermaket dual exhaust systm. I bet you could run the cat back system if you run 3 inch pipe.

I would send a message to the Stainless Works rep. Been talking with them myself on possible setups. https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...ess-works.html
Old 10-28-2013, 04:43 PM
tacticool

I want this exhaust. That is all. But I also want catted x pipe...
Old 12-17-2013, 03:02 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

I was kind of surprised how much different my OEM Exhaust sounded after I put on a new intake, TB and tune on. I think it sounds great and I don't really notice it when I am cruising at 2k RMP or lower, just when I get on it.
that being said I would be interested in exhaust mods for the sake of performance gains as long as it does not dive me crazy with droning or something during regular driving.
From the chart at the beginning of this post it looks like this SS cat back is only 2dB louder at lower RMPS, that sounds reasonable. What do you guys think?
I don't like to attract attention, either someone will steal my car or the cops will give me a speeding ticket if I do.

I like the fact that the SS stuff is made in the USA.

Does anyone know how much less the SS Cat back system weighs then the OEM parts?
Old 03-08-2014, 12:20 AM
WhiteHorse3.7

Bump...

Still have not heard of anyone buying/installing this setup, but I would be very interested to hear news. Anyone? Bueller?
Old 03-08-2014, 04:29 PM
tacticool

alright ladies and gents. The cheapest I found this exhaust is $738. If some of you peeps want to organize a group buy for something...less...then I am in.