Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Roush Axle Backs

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:13 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up Roush Axle Backs

Get them.

End Thread\

No seriously I love them, install was fun trying to get the stock mufflers off but after that its smooth sailing. They make the car have a personality which its lacking with the quiet stock exhaust. I've hear people say they are to loud on other forums, but they are perfect. Nice deep and low around town but they start screaming when you womp on the car. Also they pop a lot when you let off the gas above 3k rpms, which i personally like.

So yeah if you were on the fence about buying these, just do it you won't regret it.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:21 PM
rmurad38
1st Gear Member

Nice, I am on the fence about these, actually the kit with the rear valence and square tips. Just worried about noise at cruising speeds. Would it be possible to upload sound clips? The ones on the Rousch site and others don't seem to work. I'd like to hear them before dropping $600

Thanks
Old 07-12-2011, 09:04 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

honeslty I tried recording a few, and all I have to do it with is my phone and I don;t even feel like uploading them because it does not justice for the system. its low and deep which recording devices can't record and your speakers on your computer can reproduce. Its loud, yes but i don't think its over powering. If you looks for a head turner this is it, but it can be quiet if you keep your foot outa it.

also it does drone a little, but nothing that cant be covered up by your radio or whatever. My girl friend even likes it and she doesn't like really loud cars. If your affraid it will be to loud get something else, I mean this is pretty much straight pipes out the back with a small chamber on it.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:23 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Not to de-rail the thread here, but is that the stillen lip on your car? Looks good. Congrats on the Roush ABs, I have considered getting them myself.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:00 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TruMac
Not to de-rail the thread here, but is that the stillen lip on your car? Looks good. Congrats on the Roush ABs, I have considered getting them myself.
yes it is the stillen lip spoiler, I actually had to rip it off because the adhesive didn't hold to well in the heat wave over hear. The day after I installed it I came out to the car sitting in my jobs parking lot baking away all day in the 98 degree sun, and the one side had deglued itself. I just reordered new 3m adhesive to re install it.

You can screw the lip spoiler in, but I refuse to screw into my brand new cars paint.

I had the lip spoiler on my previous 2010 and it was just held on by adhesive and it held on just fine.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:20 PM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

lol yeah I would prefer to not screw into a brand new cars paint as well. Do you just yank off the old one and this one just 3ms on?
Old 07-14-2011, 12:06 AM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Your mention of the pop on decel sold me!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:39 AM
TruMac
2nd Gear Member

Wish Roush offered a cat back instead of just axle back. Livinloud do you live, loudly, upstate?
Old 07-15-2011, 06:39 AM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

Yeah the lip spoiler is held mostly on by 3m tape, it actaully comes from stillen pretaped, also I used two screws to hold it on, one in each wheel well that were already there and line up with the spoiler, I took my old one off my other car with fishing line after my accident.

And to the other guy, I live on long island, like I said the exhaust is nice because it a good volume to let you know its there when your casual driving but when you get on the car it screams haha, freakin love it.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:40 AM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

And if you want a catback buy a new x pipe from borla or bbk and there ya go lol. Not sure how it'd sound though.

Quick Reply: Roush Axle Backs