Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Raised White Letter Tire

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Vladyfan

Default Raised White Letter Tire

Does anyone know of a raised white letter tire that will fit our cars? I have the 2010 V6 Premium Pony with the 17 inch rims.... any thoughts? I thought I saw someone with a photo with white letters. I like the old school look.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:06 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I like it too, but think they used a pen to create the effect. I'm not sure anyone is selling performance tires with white lettering anymore.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

My Hoosier QTPs have raised white lettering... but I don't think that's what you're looking for.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:36 PM
richashley

I'd suggest going on the various manufacturers' websites and seeing what they have. I think you may have to go away from what would normally be recommended for a Mustang to get the white letter package.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Vladyfan

What would you recommend? What is safe and what will fit my 17 inch rims? I like them and want to keep them.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:20 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

BFGoodwrench Radial T/A's fit our cars... there are two people on the forum with them on their cars...

They are not performance tires....some would even make fun on here, saying they are truck tires. I have had them on my truck...

However, my stepdad also has them on his 1978 Corvette and they look amazing..

im putting them on my stang when the pirellis wear out... Im not racing at the track with my car, and I think the pirellis look skinny and weak.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:48 PM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

I realize this is an old thread, but I wanted to show what could be done with tire paint.

I must have done something wrong during prep work...after letting them sit in the sun to dry for 2 hours, the paint came off after the first drive.....what a sucky day it was. Luckily I took the photo before the drive. I wish someone would make a RWL tire in a larger size.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:18 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I like how that looks.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:04 AM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Thanks. I have been doing some research and am on the trail of a better way to paint the letters. I am waiting on a couple of emails. I have not given up hope. I plan to try again with the 18" tires I will be getting.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:12 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The stock 17" rims are 8" width. If you go on a site like tirerack and look at tire specs, you'll see what side fits width wise which I believe a 255 is as wide as you can go safely. But then you need to look at how the different 17" tires affect the tires' revs/mile. You can use any of the online calculators to compare and see how much it'll throw your speedometer off.

IMO, the low profile (I consider anything below a 60 series "low profile") tires just begin to look bad with white lettering. However, the white lettering pens seem to hold up fairly well but take some patience to do nicely.

Quick Reply: Raised White Letter Tire