Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion > 3.7L V6 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
LAsports01

Vehicle: 2012, Ford, Mustang
Question Visor mounted garage door opener

OK, I give. I have tried multiple ways to get my 2012 Visor mounted garage door opener to work and can't. I have tried it on a Wayne Dalton iDrive (2005 vintage), a LiftMaster all digital (2011), and a LiftMaster (2010). I can link any actual remote without issue.

I press the two outside buttons and get the LEDs to light up. Then I press the one button I want to use and it starts blinking slowly, just like the directions state. Just that it never synchs to any door. And yes I do press the garage door opener Learn buttons.

So has anyone else had issues? Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
LAsports01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Chromeshadow
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang Premium 3.7 6 Speed Manual

I had no trouble programming mine to a Genie. Have you made sure that your key is on and engine off while programming the transmitter? You do not have much time to move from the car to the garage door opener then back to the car, have you tried having a friend help?
Nitto 255/45ZR18 Tires
H&R Sport Front and Rear Sway Bar
J&M lower control arms
TMI adjustable tilt headrests
Gaslock LED Shift Knob
Shelby door subs
Sony 200W amp

2009 Solstice GXP Turbo
2013 F150 XLT 4X4
Chromeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
craigandi

Vehicle: 2012, mca, v6

call the 1-800 number in the manual....they will walk you through each opener. I had an old stanley that seemed impossible. Took them two minutes.
craigandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #4
LAsports01

Vehicle: 2012, Ford, Mustang
Default Still no luck

I guess when I get some more free time I will have to call the 1-800 number. And I tried key on engine off with driver door shut, then drive door open. Car inside the garage. Car outside. Same response . The LED blinks slowly as I hold the button down then does the rapid blinking timeout. :-(
LAsports01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:23 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2011, 2012, 2012mustanggaragedooropener, buttons, door, garage, garagedoor, genie, gt, liftmaster, mustang, opener, remote, visor, vizor