Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion > 3.7L V6 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

V6 any regrets??

Old 11-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #61
regalt87

Vehicle: 2011 Ford V6PP Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
Sounds like a win-win, but I remember long ago when you first bought your car, didn't you purchase it for the intent of saving on gas?

Yes, I knew I could build a strong V6 that was economical. At that time that was important as money was tight. I will be retiring sooner than I thought so I won't have to commute anymore. We made some huge changes to finances (improvements) I am not fat and happy but comfortable and stable.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
regalt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #62
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Convertible Ford Mustang

I have only owned my silver V6 2012 for 2 days now. Traded in a 2008 GT/CS candy apple red. Yes, the red looked better but, I was tired of washing it every 3 days or so because of showing every speck of dirt/dust. The V8 sounds better but, I went for the better ride and low noise. So, I've been on both sides of the V8/V6 thing. The 2011/2012 V6 Mustangs are very nice cars. I got the Ford navigation too. It's nice. Overall, the improved smooth ride is an incredible upgrade. Feels like a luxury sports car! No regrets so far!
Reverse Camera, Magnaflow Axle Backs, Lloyd Floor Mats
Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500 Tires
Mustangmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #63
mfvert2011
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang V6 MCA convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerizer View Post
I know that everybody is supposed to love the V8 but I was wondering how many of V6 owners (2011-2012) don't feel any need to go to the V8 later down the road.

Any pros and cons about the engines, beside the price & mpg?

I'm not into racing but I love the sound of big engine. I tried a few 2012 V6 and loved driving them with the manual transmission. I tried an automatic vert and I didn't like it.

I'm on the fence, I ordered a V6 but they refused to build my order so I have to submit a new one and was hesitating between the 6 or 8.

I've seen more than a hundred clips of mustang V6 and V8 on youtube but I never drove a V8.

Fuel economy is not really a big factor since I work from home. I currently put gas in my tank every 4-6 weeks!

thanks
No regrets here buying a V6. I have always been a V8 person (Trans Am, Challenger R/T with 5.7L Hemi) but I was impressed with the new V6 on my test drive. Also test-drove a V8 5.0 Stang and I was just as happy with the V6. Added Corsa performance exhausts and a CAI. Love the car. It has enuf power for me. Traded in Challenger on it. Challenger was sluggish and too heavy in comparison.
Corsa performance exhausts
C&L cold air intake
Hood decals
3.7 fender and rear deck emblems
Red brake calipers
MMD bolt-on hood strut kit
Mustang Pony floor mats
mfvert2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #64
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang V6

I have no regrets with my v6. I think the only thing I miss is the sound of the v8. Other than that.....my car is perfect for me. I don't drive hard and really only mash the foot pedal to pass someone on the highway. I just figured I didn't really need a v8 due to my driving style. Most people I come across are pretty impressed with the v6. I just did a 900 mile road trip and averaged 30.8 mpg. So I get the great gas mileage and the 305hp. Show me another v6 this cool that will do that?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #65
2011V6Conv
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang v6 Convertible

No regrets here either - especially when talking about the 2011+ v6.
2011V6Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #66
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang V6 to V8 Swap
Send a message via MSN to BWfVA

I just tell you, I love my car, its like my second fiance but I want a V8 in it so bad I can taste it. My parents bought me the car so the least I can do is if I want a different motor is buy it myself lol.

He who says he has rice that flys, can also tell big lies
BWfVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #67
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 5.0

Even though this thread is old, I'll throw in my take on it all. I test drove the 4.6 and 3.7 in that order, and it convinced me to order the new 5.0 as a result.

Looking back on it, in the most sane way possible...for my situation the most rational choice I could've made was getting that 3.7. I put pretty many miles on the car and most if it is sitting at 65mph on the highway which means the 3.7 would've been plenty. Also had most everything I wanted in terms of features/packages.

In any case though I love my 5.0 to death, and performance wise when I took the 4.6 out, there was just so much more torque immediately available that the feel of the engine was very different than the 3.7.

My View on the Economy: www.cgeconomics.com
pdonket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #68
EZrider73

Vehicle: 2004 40th Convertable

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagfu View Post
I have no regrets with my v6. I think the only thing I miss is the sound of the v8. Other than that.....my car is perfect for me. I don't drive hard and really only mash the foot pedal to pass someone on the highway. I just figured I didn't really need a v8 due to my driving style. Most people I come across are pretty impressed with the v6. I just did a 900 mile road trip and averaged 30.8 mpg. So I get the great gas mileage and the 305hp. Show me another v6 this cool that will do that?
This 100+
EZrider73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #69
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagfu View Post
+1

though to be honest, you should add to that last sentence 'So I get the great gas mileage and the 305hp. Show me another v6 for the cost that's this cool that will do that?'

My only question is, what the heck took them so long to make an affordable v6 that's fun like this one, and can measure up to the last decade of great V6's others have put out? (No matter, it's here finally!)

SMR# 2071
Eibach Pro Plus kit: Shocks, springs, swaybars - Adj. Panhard bar - Eibach LCA's
JLT CAI - Bama Tuner running 93R - 18x9 GT500 AM Wheels, 255 Sumitomo Shoes
JayyVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #70
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012,Ford,Mustang Base

I got 29mpg two tanks ago and the last tank was a solid 30mpg. I commute prolly 70 miles or so a day. With gas prices what they are and climbing, I am glad I did not buy the 5.0.
I am really happy with my base model coup, I have not come across another vehicle that would make me as happy. The low sticker price, low insurance, low fuel cost and lots of power is an outstanding value. If things were different, maybe I would buy Mustang with more power, but it would not make sense for me.
WORKISSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:39 AM   #71
bigcanoe
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 V6

I get 26MPG, and I commute at 70MPH on the highway. Must be my gearing.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #72
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang V6 Premium 6MT

I get just over 28mpg at 70mph with 3.73 gears. Maybe the roads you're driving on are hillier? Roads are fairly flat in SE VA.
hogasswild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #73
mfvert2011
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang V6 MCA convertible

My car is a daily driver. I get around 18 mpg city driving and got 30 mpg on trip to Myrtle Beach last year. And that was going through a couple states with mountains.
Corsa performance exhausts
C&L cold air intake
Hood decals
3.7 fender and rear deck emblems
Red brake calipers
MMD bolt-on hood strut kit
Mustang Pony floor mats
mfvert2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:26 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1994, 2011, 331, airaid, edition, gears, gti, mca, model, mustang, regret, scale, sterlinggrey2012mustangcoupe, tune, v6, worthit