Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

V6 any regrets??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 08:56 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Exactly. Plus driving a car and a motorcycle are different experiences. Motorcycles aren't bad on gas and typically faster than most cars. Getting another sporty car is cool but in the end it's a similar experience
Old 10-26-2011, 06:10 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

yep be nice buying my 10th harley......been 4 years without one this stretch lol
Old 10-26-2011, 06:41 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Cool, maybe we can ride together sometime. My Iron is a blast. I haven't punch out the cylinders yet, but do have the tuner, short pipes and stage 1 air cleaner. It's pretty peppy.

Your checkbook is going to thank you too.

Last edited by hogasswild; 10-26-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:09 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Yep but will be spring and first stop fotgetaboutits lop
Old 10-27-2011, 09:55 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

The one on Six Forks is now called Camo Brothers Pizza. I heard there was a family dispute, so they split the business up. The one in Cary is still called Fugheddaboutits.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:13 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

cool, we'll have to check it out one day
Old 10-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Biceps
Go test drive a V8. You'll regret it if you don't, and always be wondering.

At some point, the mod bug is going to bite you, you'll start wanting more power, more performance, more get-up-and-go fun....and you'll be thinking about that V8 and wishing you'd test driven it.

I've been in your same situation, and it's not fun to look back with regrets.
Exactly.

I did away with my v6 auto and got a GT manual. Worth every penny.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:52 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

I don't have any regrets getting a V6 either, I felt lucky the way things have been going just to get some nice wheels. It was mostly an econimc choice for me but a lot went into it.

I looked at the challenger and the camaro among others before I made up my mind. The choice of a V6 was all about economy. Now I come from a family that has always leaned toward Fords, but I have owned other brands and I would rather make a better choice then have blind brand loyalty just as much as I would rather not pay more for the car, the gas and the insurance.

I know the V8s would have been quicker, I would have enjoyed driving it, but it would have been a mistake for me to take on the added $$ burden. I bought the base model as well, no regrets, I had another Ford with the Sync system in it and it was sweet, but it was not worth $$ I didn't have to spend.

I wish I had bluetooth and leather seats and that is about it, both of those can be fixed and the truth is the bluetooth is the only one of the two that is really of any imporatnce.

Truth is I really enjoy driving my Mustang

I don't know how much it matters to others but the Mustang was one the few cars that I considered that was Assembled here in the USA. The Camaros I looked at were put together in Canada, the Festivas and Fusions were done in Mexico and I forget where the Cruze and the Challengers were put together. I got nothing against Mexico or Canada, but I would rather buy as much Made in the USA as I can.

The Camaro roof was also too low for me, I really had to duck to get in, once I was in I had to duck hard again to I could reach out and grab the door to close it. I think those Camaros look fantastic I rarely care what things look like. But that low roof was a deal breaker.

The Challenger was at least partially sourced out of old Mexico and It made me kind of sad that they had 2011 models piled up while Ford and Chevy had almost all 2012 out when I was shopping. Truth is, I think challenger is kind of Fugly, it does not look effiecent of sporty to me at all, you either dig that retro/bold styling or don't. If I thought it was a kick as car I would buy it ugly or not, but test drives were not all that exciting, it was not that different from the Mustang and the Camaro, but it did seem a bit slower,, just a bit though. The mustang honestly felted the like the tightest and most nimble of the 3.

I actually liked driving the Mazada 3, I can see why they are popular. But they did not have the gas milage or the power of the pony cars. I like two doors because I am an oaf and it is easier to get in and out, plain and simple. Besides I don't have kids so I don't really need to worry about someone getting in the back very often. When I sat in the back seat of the mustang I did smack my head on the glass when I sat down I am sure driving over a pot hole would have done the same, but like I said I am an Oaf. My GF is 5'-10" and she can sit in the back just fine. But anyways, I did not care for the Mazda 3, Jetta, Cruze, Camaro, etc, just because I know getting in and out was a little bit of a hassle.

I liked the GTIs well enough, but they seemed over priced, when I was shopping that platform was all Turbo or nothing, to expensive, but a nice car to drive, easy to get in and out of.

I kind of liked the Coopers, as well, but they also seemed over priced and under powered. Infact I would tell anyone who was thinking of forking out for a Mini, try a 2009 Focus Coupe, I don't know if Ford is going to bring back the two door but I thought it was a much better ride for the money. Wheel base was almost the same, and the Ford feels more powerful to me then the CooperS. Even if you wanted to work on the suspention a bit on the Focus you are going to spend a lot less on the Ford and have a faster ride, or so it seemed to me. Then again, I suspect Minis sell because of looks more then anything. I know Mini clamis you can get up to 34 miles to the gallon but when you ask people who own them they usually say they get 24-27 mpg. The 09 Focus Coupe I drove for 6 months got 31 on a bad day and like I said before, I am lead footed Oaf who pretty much pretty much never turns the AC off. Maybe the Mini just needs an update? Anyways I am glad I did not buy the Mini or the G37 for that matter.

Wow I actually have to do some work now,, so to wrap up my no regrets, I not only don't regret buying a V6, I don't regret buying a lot of other cars.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:34 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Nice logic. I practically did the same thing. I drove all the pony cars, the G37, 370z, Genesis Coupe v6, Mini Cooper S, BMW 135i and 128i, the refreshed GTI and Audi TT 2.0T. I kept coming back to the v6 Mustang. It just had the right mix of everything at the right price. I like that there is a huge modding community and that parts are fairly inexpensive compared to other cars. I finally found a set of used Performance Package wheels that I'll get on the car. It's the one option I couldn't get so am slowly piecing it together. The suspension will be aftermarket, but I really like the wheels.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:07 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

I like the TT for the most part, but in the end it seemed under powered and over priced.
The Z4 is nice, but to pricey, I am sure both would out corner a stock 3.7 but you can tune and up grade the suspension on the Mustang and still have plenty of money left over. Europe does not exactly turn out a lot of great affordable cars and even some of the expensive ones are not that great.

I once had high hopes for the Saturn Sky Redline and the Pontiac Solstice (Clubman), (Opel GT etc.) but those programs are dead now and those tiny engines developed their power to far from the bottom, by the time you put an LS1 in there it wasn't worth it.

Quick Reply: V6 any regrets??