Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Coolant LEAK 95 V6 HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 11:10 PM
HocusFocus763

Unhappy Coolant LEAK 95 V6 HELP

Have a coolant leak coming somewhere from the back of the engine but too much stuff in way to see where. Also left the car idling for about 5 minutes when temp gage pegged. Pressure tested system, holds steady at 15psi. Looking for any ideas on what, where to look for. Thanks
Old 11-04-2011, 01:14 AM
lickapimp8

Question Possible leak?

Originally Posted by HocusFocus763
Have a coolant leak coming somewhere from the back of the engine but too much stuff in way to see where. Also left the car idling for about 5 minutes when temp gage pegged. Pressure tested system, holds steady at 15psi. Looking for any ideas on what, where to look for. Thanks
hey i got a 98 cobra and i had the same problem what happened to me in my situation my heater core was leaking against my firewall. When the coolant was dripping which it was, i lifted the car upp at pepboys where i worked and the seeping of the coolant was leaking right ontop of my bank2 cat and thats why there wasnt and coolant puddle on the floor it was all being burnt on top of my hot exaust if that is the case ull be able to smell the coolant burning but yess it is a hard area to check where the leak is cuzz mine was soo small it was a hairline crack in my heater core. hope this helped in checking out the problem message me here if this helped or if you have any more questions
Old 11-04-2011, 06:16 AM
HocusFocus763

Thanks, mine is dripping on the exhaust AND i/s on the pass floor the carpet is damp, so now i'm thinking some coolant is getting i/s onto the floor. Will chase this one down and let you know. Thanks again.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:41 PM
lickapimp8

Cool Definate heater core leak know now 100%

Originally Posted by HocusFocus763
Thanks, mine is dripping on the exhaust AND i/s on the pass floor the carpet is damp, so now i'm thinking some coolant is getting i/s onto the floor. Will chase this one down and let you know. Thanks again.
ok then i know exactally what you need to do man change that heater core as soon as possible what happned to my cobra it started to leak ontop of my SRS unit under neath the glovebox against the firewall and fried my unit i hit a nasty pothole both airbags popped and it was a nasty chain of problems heres a thread website that i used to help me out ill show you
(BEFORE YOU CLICK READ WHATS BELOW THIS)!!!!!!!
this is a very indepth of a breakdown that i had actually found online it gives you the most complicating steps to the process pictures and rules to go by. One thing i would like to corect in this process is that the A/C DOES NOT HAVE TO BE REMOVED. I REPEAT NO NEED TO DISCHARGE REFRIGENT!!! the breakdown is amazing but they are showing the exact way "OEM" would do it i have done 2 one on a 97 GT and one on my 98 cobra. What i did was on the last two pictures they say remove the last two silver self taping bolts and remove the HVAC unit. That is another hour and half process to remove the HVAC unit, once you have access to it. You can take the two silver half inch long self tapping bolts out and there is a flap shaped like a triangle one side is able to be moved upp and down other is stuck with the actual dash and cannot be budged. Mind you what i did was ingenious but not done to destroy anything but done right can save you nearly two hours and also save the A/C in your system. Ok because i knew that the plastic HVAC unit has about three quarter inch thick plastic making up the unit i gave a little cut on the right side of the heater box with a small hand saw, so that it would open up exactally like a cabin filter i slid out the heater core very gently not to bent or snap any of the plastic workings of the heater box unit. i replaced the heater core with the new one and sealed the cut i had made with hi temp black silicone and ive been driving it ever since. I have never herd any air leaking from the unit or any other hissing of air leaking. Mind you sir i did this to shave off two or soo hours not to mention the money you need to properly recycle the A/C in the system then replace the system with refrigent. I know you will have questions and i am happy to answer then like i said before ive done 2 before and i will be able to answer any question you have for me.
here is the link

http://www.sn95mustangs.com/index.ph...re-Replacement
Old 11-05-2011, 05:56 AM
HocusFocus763

WOW! Our friends at FORD sure don't make them to come apart anymore, do they. Hopefully this weekend if I can get to it, I'm going to connect the two heater hoses together & see if this the issue. Will let you know.
Thanks again
Old 11-05-2011, 06:15 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I already moved your first thread in the proper section...
Here:https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-g...ml#post7741023
Go there and post about your car's problems.
I hope you know how to READ, because you posted in the 2005 and up section again.

Please don't make another thread about your 95 Stang here. Thanks.
So this one is closed.