Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!
Old 10-23-2015, 03:27 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Steeda Ultimate Induction 3.7L V6 2011-2012 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 12:33 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

What are you looking for in regard to long term? Are you referring to adverse effects that may happen as a result of it being installed?

Let me know if I can help provide any details to your question?

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 05-10-2013, 02:03 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

Hog I have 2.73s,

Hellride, So far so good, I have almost 39k on my 3.7, most of it with the Steeda intake and tune. I still run the 91octane street tune and I love it, it was a great upgrade. I can tell you this, I live in a warm climate and occasionally I am out in the hot hot desert, places like Mojave. Some how that giant aluminum fitting stays cool even when it is triple digits outside. I have no real proof but I suspect that it helps keep the intake temperatures down and lends to greater efficiency.

I have added the BBK TB and the Accel Super Coils, both were mild but worthy upgrades.
If I drive conservatively I can average about 27-28 mpg with mixed freeway and surface streets. Lately I my driving has been more spirited and less conservative, last night I filled up and I got 25.6mpg. Keep in mind 5 days a week I spend about 30 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic, sometimes more, rarely less.

Now if I am cruising on the freeway at 65mph, I get about 43mpg, if I am cruising at 75mph I get about 38mpg. (momentary) Of course at that point a small change in grade can make a big difference.

One problem is that every time I do an upgrade I get a little heavier on the skinny pedal.

The last upgrade which I don't think I have mention anywhere yet was new Steeda Billet Trailing Arms (Rear lower control arms). This turned out to be a very significant upgrade. I drive on a lot of bad asphalt and the new trailing arms turned my mustang in to a new animal. If you have stock trailing arms I highly recommend getting some stiffer aftermarket ones and of course the Steeda Billet aluminum arms are a thing of beauty, too bad they live under the back end where you can barley get a glimpse of them.
I also added a front strut brace, well worth it but not quite as significant as the rear trailing arms.

I noticed a huge difference on launches but even more then that drifting around corners is smooth as glass now. Even my GF noticed the difference the in the first few miles as a passenger.

Last edited by WORKISSLOW; 05-10-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Hellride

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
What are you looking for in regard to long term? Are you referring to adverse effects that may happen as a result of it being installed?

Let me know if I can help provide any details to your question?

Best Regards,

TJ
Thank you for your response but all I was looking for, being general feedback, is below your post.

My order is already on it's way and this should help show what opening up the entire intake tract, minus cyl heads, will do. At Cyclone Performance we port the upper and lower intake manifolds. I am formally trained in cyl heads and porting from the School of Automotive Machinists in Houston Tx, home of the , currently, fastest NA LSx in the country.

The Steeda I ordered is for our car. I think it'll run even better with your product, imo. The design is conducive to a good quality/clean MAF signal and the larger MAF housing itself...should help ensure no losses in the intake tract prior to the heads.

I hope the car ends up the fastest NA 3.7 and I think it's feasible. The auto coyotes...are haulin'!

Last edited by Hellride; 06-01-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Hellride

Originally Posted by WORKISSLOW
Hog I have 2.73s,

Hellride, So far so good, I have almost 39k on my 3.7, most of it with the Steeda intake and tune. I still run the 91octane street tune and I love it, it was a great upgrade. I can tell you this, I live in a warm climate and occasionally I am out in the hot hot desert, places like Mojave. Some how that giant aluminum fitting stays cool even when it is triple digits outside. I have no real proof but I suspect that it helps keep the intake temperatures down and lends to greater efficiency.

I have added the BBK TB and the Accel Super Coils, both were mild but worthy upgrades.
If I drive conservatively I can average about 27-28 mpg with mixed freeway and surface streets. Lately I my driving has been more spirited and less conservative, last night I filled up and I got 25.6mpg. Keep in mind 5 days a week I spend about 30 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic, sometimes more, rarely less.

Now if I am cruising on the freeway at 65mph, I get about 43mpg, if I am cruising at 75mph I get about 38mpg. (momentary) Of course at that point a small change in grade can make a big difference.

One problem is that every time I do an upgrade I get a little heavier on the skinny pedal.

The last upgrade which I don't think I have mention anywhere yet was new Steeda Billet Trailing Arms (Rear lower control arms). This turned out to be a very significant upgrade. I drive on a lot of bad asphalt and the new trailing arms turned my mustang in to a new animal. If you have stock trailing arms I highly recommend getting some stiffer aftermarket ones and of course the Steeda Billet aluminum arms are a thing of beauty, too bad they live under the back end where you can barley get a glimpse of them.
I also added a front strut brace, well worth it but not quite as significant as the rear trailing arms.

I noticed a huge difference on launches but even more then that drifting around corners is smooth as glass now. Even my GF noticed the difference the in the first few miles as a passenger.
Thanks for taking the time to write a good review...both times! The Steeda seems like not only a performance enhancing product, but a quality built piece that will last for a long time.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Hellride

I received the Steeda CAI. I'm impressed. I did some measuring and ...that MAF housing is massive! See here...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cyclo...2158983?ref=hl

Look how much larger it is than even the BBK 73mm throttle body (see the dial caliper pic). There definitely would not be anywhere else to look in the intake tract for power in our car without removing the cylinder heads and me porting those guided by a flowbench. The upper and lower is port matched, a couple of pinch points minimized there in the upper too, and the lower intake is opened up and injector boss reshaped and minimized. There's a vid there showing this too. Throw in the BBK 73mm TB into the mix and everything is maxed out for what is available to the 3.7 Cyclone world.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:30 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

Sweet
Old 08-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Hellride

Sweet
Thanks! I'm getting closer. I'm waiting for word to datalog WOT. If there was ANY room for improvement in the CAI, it's only because of the upgrade to the BBK TB. I did have to stretch the cold air silicone tube over the TB flange. If that were just a hair larger to split the difference between the stock and BBK...that might? be of benefit.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:10 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

"If that were just a hair larger to split the difference between the stock and BBK...that might? be of benefit"
I suppose so, I didn't have much trouble fitting mine on, but I had my Steeda rig on the car before I got the BBK TB so it was prolly less of a stretch.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:59 PM
Hellride

"If that were just a hair larger to split the difference between the stock and BBK...that might? be of benefit"
I suppose so, I didn't have much trouble fitting mine on, but I had my Steeda rig on the car before I got the BBK TB so it was prolly less of a stretch.
Yeah, I did have to stretch it some. Not extremely hard to do but I did find it easier to put my hand up inside the tube and get it onto the TB first then attach the MAF housing to the other end.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:47 PM
SlvrS197

Good review. I wish I would have spent more time looking into reviews before I purchased the airaid CAI. Its a good CAI, but I like how steeda has the bigger maf housing. Oh well live and learn.

Quick Reply: Steeda Ultimate Induction 3.7L V6 2011-2012 Mustang