Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Bassani Headers (video inside)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Alien
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by solidhadriel
1) The Bassani's don't crackle whatsoever below 3000 RPMs. No rasp. You can't say the same for BBKs.
2) The Bassani's produce a deep bass, unlike BBKs. This is a claim you cannot deny. I've heard both.
3) Its NOT normal for these cars to sound raspy. (huh??)
4) A 370Z has nothing in common with us. What the heck...?
5) No, not every system will necessarily have rasp to it.

Based on my observations, and your misinformation, I've come to the conclusion that you are either envious, jealous, arrogant, or all of the above.

Based on your responses, I say all of the above.
Apparently you know me so you know how I think? LOL

I just heard it and heard raspyness and my co-worker thinks the same so apparently I'm not the only crazy one.

It is normal for the architecture of our V6's to sound raspy. That is why I used the 370z as a comparisson. And they do sound raspy as well.

I have not heard an exhaust for either our cars or 370z's that has no rasp to it unless it is a very mellow exhaust that is not loud at all.

So have a good day and enjoy your raspy exhaust as I enjoy mine. There is no problem with that.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
GaSouGustang

I think you are both being a tad bit juvenile. People are unique, just like their personal likes and dislikes. I just posted a thread about cleaning up my raspy sounding axlebacks. Some people love the crackling of lowering RPMs, some don't. I love that crackle, but hate the rasp when RPMs increase. Insulting someone over what they like is a move I would expect from the White House, not MF. Alien originally said "it SOUNDS like..." but GOOD JOB. Politely disagree and move on.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:35 PM
PaulWuzHere

I overall was very impressed. I started off not liking the bassani axle backs, just not the sound im into. But man did those heads sound good. I would really like to know what they sound like with the flowmaster or roush setups.

Props man.

Also, someone's mustang they are modding and taking the time to put together a nice video showing us there are other options out there AND bashing their setup is kinda messed up.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:17 PM
solidhadriel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GaSouGustang
I think you are both being a tad bit juvenile. People are unique, just like their personal likes and dislikes. I just posted a thread about cleaning up my raspy sounding axlebacks. Some people love the crackling of lowering RPMs, some don't. I love that crackle, but hate the rasp when RPMs increase. Insulting someone over what they like is a move I would expect from the White House, not MF. Alien originally said "it SOUNDS like..." but GOOD JOB. Politely disagree and move on.
I am open to opinions.... My responses were with genuine concern, because these exhausts are actually extremely bassy (literally, I'm not saying this with bias). I tested the youtube clip with my sub settings turned to 0, which indicated that you actually need GOOD speakers and/or a sub to actually hear these exhausts. All you hear is rasp with tinny speakers.

In any case, I did move on, until you made this post. But alas, I'm done. Cheers.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:18 PM
solidhadriel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by PaulWuzHere
I overall was very impressed. I started off not liking the bassani axle backs, just not the sound im into. But man did those heads sound good. I would really like to know what they sound like with the flowmaster or roush setups.

Props man.

Also, someone's mustang they are modding and taking the time to put together a nice video showing us there are other options out there AND bashing their setup is kinda messed up.
Thanks. The headers really add that low-end 'grumble' to the car. Something I've never heard on a V6.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:22 AM
06_footy
2nd Gear Member

There's an apparent rasp at 1:13-1:14. Nothing to big though I do like how you set up your videos and I'm looking at a similar set-up.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 PM
solidhadriel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06_footy
There's an apparent rasp at 1:13-1:14. Nothing to big though I do like how you set up your videos and I'm looking at a similar set-up.
Yes, indeed. The power these produce are well worth the costs if you can afford it.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Alien
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by solidhadriel
Yes, indeed. The power these produce are well worth the costs if you can afford it.
yes! I agree 100% with that, the change is night and day.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

Now my concern is, is there a reputable online shop where I can buy the parts necessary for a full bassani exhaust setup?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:01 AM
solidhadriel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Upsh1ft
Now my concern is, is there a reputable online shop where I can buy the parts necessary for a full bassani exhaust setup?
Call Bassani and ask where you can order the parts from. Don't email them.

Quick Reply: Bassani Headers (video inside)