Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Real World Gas Mileage on Performance Package

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 02:34 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

I filled up last night and my Avg MPG display indicated 26.2 mpg, my gas consumption compared to mileage calculated out to 27.3 mpg, so the the computer was only off by about 1.1 mpg.

That tank of gas included a good mix of driving, everything from a Yawn Crawl out of Los Angeles to the burbs, racing up to the Lake as fast as possible on Saturday, practicing the occasional launch, and just plain old driving to work, then to the GFs place and home again which is mostly freeway but a good bit of residential at both ends of the freeway.

Last edited by WORKISSLOW; 05-03-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:33 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

In conclusion:

City/City/Parking lot - 20MPG or even less
City/Hwy - Mid 20's (Just how heavy is your leadfoot)
Hwy/long distance travels - high 20's/low 30's.

Sorta like the sticker says, LOL.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:10 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

I have the PP and I'm getting 25-26 mixed driving, also with driving with my 20"s.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:19 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

So far I'm averaging 24mpg, with about a 60/40 mix of highway and city driving.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:21 PM
bigcanoe
2nd Gear Member

Best tank so far today. 28.6 miles per gallon on my daily commute. I have about 11,700 on the car now. The readout said 27.4
Old 05-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

*Pokes head in looks around* Yup still Mustang Forums! Dayum, had to check again, feels like I've entered a prius forum or something

Anyways. Couple of things to remeber about real world MPG.

Fuel changes forumlation ever so slightly from Winter to summer and vice-versa, this will affect MPG (section 3-7 / 3-8).

http://epa.gov/otaq/regs/fuels/ostp-3.pdf

The report itself is vague on how the changes in forumlation affect Engine economy. They state Engine Performance....that could be interpreted in many, many ways and that's just what they want.

There are also different formulations of gasoline from state-to-state and even one region to another depending on state and federal requirements.

So my point is, you really can't compare MPG between one car in one state and another car in another state. Too many variables (driving habits being a big one too). What you can do is get a baseline for yourself and see how different things affect your gas mileage. For me, dirty fuel filter and dirty air filters are noticiable. I also noticed when the switch from Winter gas to Summer gas occurred.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:51 AM
LieutenantDan

Originally Posted by Derf00
*Pokes head in looks around* Yup still Mustang Forums! Dayum, had to check again, feels like I've entered a prius forum or something
Hey Man, we're in a recession!!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:54 AM
LieutenantDan

Originally Posted by WORKISSLOW
I filled up last night and my Avg MPG display indicated 26.2 mpg, my gas consumption compared to mileage calculated out to 27.3 mpg, so the the computer was only off by about 1.1 mpg.

That tank of gas included a good mix of driving, everything from a Yawn Crawl out of Los Angeles to the burbs, racing up to the Lake as fast as possible on Saturday, practicing the occasional launch, and just plain old driving to work, then to the GFs place and home again which is mostly freeway but a good bit of residential at both ends of the freeway.
These are the ones that confuse me, I'm doing mostly this type of driving and I'm getting nowhere near that. Oh well I guess we're in different regions and every car's a little different and the gas might be different, etc.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:05 PM
TommyGNR

I got a 2012 v6 PP last oct. The MPG display fluctuates between shows 22 to 22.5. I have never actually reset it. My usual highway speed is 80mph and I do tend to drive the car hard. Maybe you can do better driving slower? Personally I am cool with what it is.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:46 AM
RockStang

Got 33 MPG today on the highway going to work Going 80MPH

Quick Reply: Real World Gas Mileage on Performance Package