Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

V6 Mustang vs Subaru BRZ Head2Head

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Double Tap

Originally Posted by TommyGNR
1) Motortrend tested the lateral resistence to G on v6 with the PP to be .98 - higher than a BMW M3, GT Mustang, and only .02 lower than the Boss 302.
2) Motortrend tested the 0 - 60 - 0 (braking ability) for the v6 with the PP - also beating the M3.

The v6 with PP can hold turns at a higher speed and brake faster than a M3.
Your 03 X-type with or without its Sport package was barely competitive with a BMW 328 when it came out much less a current M series.

The v6 with the PP can hold turns with ease that would put your jag in a ditch.
Maybe its the lacking engine performance (192 hp/172 ft-lbs) that makes you feel safe?

What makes me feel safe is my superior driving skill (and no that is not bragging, in my misspent younger years I did do scca club racing) and a car that does not like to go dancing when it is going through a tight turn near the limits of the handling and in the middle of the turn hitting a patch of really crappy surface that would send the Stang sideways.

Yes as I said the Jag is a very under powered car but I can still get it to go well over 100 MPH just not as quickly as I would like it to get there. It does handles better on crappy surfaces than my Stang without a PP. That is just a fact.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:40 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

I wouldn't push a "Jaguar" X-Type too much since it was basically a Ford Contour with a Jag looking body on it and a better interior... probably the worst car Jaguar ever put their name on! I wouldn't even consider it a Jaguar...

I wasn't surprised by the outcome of the head to head comparo. The BRZ has an extremely low CG and is a lot lighter than the V6 PP Stang. But the BRZ was designed for canyon carving and auto-x; much like the Boss is, except that the Boss makes more than enough power for the additional weight of the Mustang. Don't get me wrong, I am impressed by the performance offered by the new 3.7 engine in the Mustang and am glad to see a lot of comparisons to other sporty cars (it is no longer a rental car!).
Old 06-10-2012, 11:14 PM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Double Tap
What makes me feel safe is my superior driving skill (and no that is not bragging, in my misspent younger years I did do scca club racing) and a car that does not like to go dancing when it is going through a tight turn near the limits of the handling and in the middle of the turn hitting a patch of really crappy surface that would send the Stang sideways.

Yes as I said the Jag is a very under powered car but I can still get it to go well over 100 MPH just not as quickly as I would like it to get there. It does handles better on crappy surfaces than my Stang without a PP. That is just a fact.

your kinda contradicting yourself.......

you claim that your "driving skill" makes you feel more confident in an underpowered car versus a car with quite a bit more hp/tq.........

driving skill has nothing to do with it. the car simply doesn't have the power to step out on you like the mustang does so it makes you feel more confident.

driving skill comes into play in knowing how the manage the mustangs power so it doesn't step out on you.

so much for driving skill..........

Last edited by modru2004; 06-10-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Double Tap

Default Did not have time to answer, been very busy working

Originally Posted by modru2004
your kinda contradicting yourself.......

you claim that your "driving skill" makes you feel more confident in an underpowered car versus a car with quite a bit more hp/tq.........

driving skill has nothing to do with it. the car simply doesn't have the power to step out on you like the mustang does so it makes you feel more confident.

driving skill comes into play in knowing how the manage the mustangs power so it doesn't step out on you.

so much for driving skill..........
I do not usually participate in pissing contests, but since I have to make up for the inadequate size of my manhood I decided to develop a very powerful mussel and therefore my stream will travel a greater distance than yours.

The Jaguar is underpowered, however that does not stop it from obtaining the same speed going into a curve as the Stang if the distance before the curve has enough distance. Now if both cars are entering the curve at 80 MPH and 1/3 of the way before reaching the apex the radius tightens and the road surface becomes choppy, because the Jag has 4X and an indi rear I know exactly how that car will respond as it looses traction and the front end will drift.
On the other hand the Stang is not as predictable when the back end starts dancing and can't make up its mind when and how it will regain traction and therefore can't navigate the curve as fast and have the same exit velocity as the Jag.

Since I am an older person I do not have the strength to keep pissing any more, besides I have to use most of my limited time left to actually enjoy driving and not just writing about it.