Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Anyone seen this intake in person?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 04:49 PM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone seen this intake in person?

Looks like a neat bit of kit (to use the UK phrase), but certainly not cheap. Wonder what kind of power gains are possible?

www.jenvey.co.uk/home/throttle-body-kits/jenvey-dynamics/ford-cyclone-3-7-51taper-kit-ckfd15

Old 03-30-2013, 07:25 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Not in person no, but it has been discussed on the other forums. I believe the Ginetta G55 uses those throttle bodies.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:47 PM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild
Not in person no, but it has been discussed on the other forums. I believe the Ginetta G55 uses those throttle bodies.
Right! Wonder how much of a difference they would make...'cause they certainly are ...
Old 03-30-2013, 10:31 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Well, Ginetta claims their 3.7l in the G55 has 370 hp at the crank. However, it probably doesn't have any emissions on it. Most of the bolt ons out there right now will get you to 360bhp or just over 300whp.
http://www.ginetta.com/cars_g55
Old 05-13-2013, 08:10 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild
Well, Ginetta claims their 3.7l in the G55 has 370 hp at the crank. However, it probably doesn't have any emissions on it. Most of the bolt ons out there right now will get you to 360bhp or just over 300whp.
http://www.ginetta.com/cars_g55
Checkout Performa Tuning - they have this intake for $1350!

I sent an email to Jenvey, and they claim 350-400hp "depending on other mods".

I figure headers, catless exhaust, 93-octane gas, and a dyno tune will get you to at least 370.

Beyond that, it would be a genuine reason for raising your hood at a car meet - you'd have the only one like it.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:15 PM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
Beyond that, it would be a genuine reason for raising your hood at a car meet - you'd have the only one like it.
This is true!

I bet the sound would be interesting...even with the Steeda intake I just put on, this engine sounds GREAT when it can breathe! I'd be this would be interesting too.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:14 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WindyMustang
This is true!

I bet the sound would be interesting...even with the Steeda intake I just put on, this engine sounds GREAT when it can breathe! I'd be this would be interesting too.
You'd have to come up with an air box that hooked up to a CAI so you could mount the MAF, but that's the only real issue I see. Jenvey may be able to help source such an item. I wonder if Steeda would be interested in developing a system for this...
Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 PM
draxxus131
1st Gear Member

A few simple words of wise wisdom. Yes, to the post above me that you will need to figure out a way to run a MAF sensor of sorts which would be difficult. Yes, there are no emissions to be use once this is installed so no go on SMOG.
Also the most inherent trait with Individual throttle bodies (I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR FRIENDS OR PERSON WILL SAY) ITB's cause loss of torque, BUT, they do give one hell of a freaking throttle response. You will literally have to use your big toe to modulate the pedal to get it moving at first, it will be that sensitive.

This by far is one of the best Naturally Aspirated (N/A) upgrade/modification you can put on a Racing Spec car. You will see a significant gain of about 30 rear wheel horsepower OR as much as 50 HP, roughly you will lose anywhere from 20 ft lbs to as much as 50 ft lbs of torque. And then there is the issue of timing each individual throttle body, which is a PITA!!

Also the last time i checked majority of Jenvey's parts do come from Thailand (Don't quote me on this though).

Last edited by draxxus131; 05-23-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:34 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by draxxus131
A few simple words of wise wisdom. Yes, to the post above me that you will need to figure out a way to run a MAF sensor of sorts which would be difficult. Yes, there are no emissions to be use once this is installed so no go on SMOG.
Also the most inherent trait with Individual throttle bodies (I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR FRIENDS OR PERSON WILL SAY) ITB's cause loss of torque, BUT, they do give one hell of a freaking throttle response. You will literally have to use your big toe to modulate the pedal to get it moving at first, it will be that sensitive.

This by far is one of the best Naturally Aspirated (N/A) upgrade/modification you can put on a Racing Spec car. You will see a significant gain of about 30 rear wheel horsepower OR as much as 50 HP, roughly you will lose anywhere from 20 ft lbs to as much as 50 ft lbs of torque. And then there is the issue of timing each individual throttle body, which is a PITA!!

Also the last time i checked majority of Jenvey's parts do come from Thailand (Don't quote me on this though).
Put it on a stroker motor with custom-ground cams...

I think MMR is building a stroker kit for the 3.7. I know they've done a forged bottom end kit for it.