Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 06:42 PM
BAChatman

Default Lowering Springs

Hey guys!

I've got a 2013 PP. I was going to take advantage of American Muscle's Memorial Day sale and get some Eibach Pro springs and I have some questions. I was also debating on getting the Ford Racing GT500 style strut mounts (http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-g...ount-0512.html) and was wondering if it would be worth it. Also, I've read about people getting a new panhard bar with their springs, bumpsteer kit was also reccomended. All I'm trying to do right now is lower my ride hight a little so I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money but I don't want to skimp out either. Adding up all those parts puts me over $600. If I HAVE to do it then I'm ok with it but I'd like to save a little money than that if at all possible.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:10 PM
jayman33
Banned

The strut mounts won't fit the 11+ struts, you need 05-09 specific struts for those to work. You could actually use AM's new line of PHB's and LCA's. I know the company they're using and its a good brand.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:43 AM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Strut mounts won't be too necessary unless if you really want to go all out. With aftermarket springs, you stock struts will wear over time. I would consider doing what i did; use your upgraded springs till you can afford struts, and with the struts order the strut mounts and install at the same time. Panhard bar is a hit or miss... It will help keep your rear end aligned through the turns but isn't really necessary unless if you are going further into suspension. good luck!

Last edited by JayBeStangs94; 05-28-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:05 PM
tbuff
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayBeStangs94
Strut mounts won't be too necessary unless if you really want to go out. With aftermarket springs, you stock struts will wear over time. I would consider doing what i did; use your upgraded springs till you can afford struts, and with the struts order the strut mounts and install at the same time. Panhard bar is a hit or miss... It will help keep your rear end aligned through the turns but isn't really necessary unless if you are going further into suspension. good luck!
+1 with one exception.

The drop with the pro kit will shift your rear end out just a bit, which is where the adjustable track bar comes in handy. And it does tighten up the rear end a bit on launches and in corners. However, most won't be able to tell the difference.

I do not know about the new strut setup, but on the 05+, the strut mounts can come apart very easily during install if you are not careful. If you are careful, you will be fine with stock until you can afford struts.

Other than that, drop it and have fun in the twisties.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:15 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BAChatman
Hey guys!

I've got a 2013 PP. I was going to take advantage of American Muscle's Memorial Day sale and get some Eibach Pro springs and I have some questions. I was also debating on getting the Ford Racing GT500 style strut mounts (http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-g...ount-0512.html) and was wondering if it would be worth it. Also, I've read about people getting a new panhard bar with their springs, bumpsteer kit was also reccomended. All I'm trying to do right now is lower my ride hight a little so I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money but I don't want to skimp out either. Adding up all those parts puts me over $600. If I HAVE to do it then I'm ok with it but I'd like to save a little money than that if at all possible.
I installed the Eibach Sport Line kit on my 2012 GT and didn't have any problems with all the stock equipment, besides the springs. I did throw on an Adjustable Pan hard bar to re center the wheels!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan