Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

'13 Computer Screen Mounted Crooked. Are you kidding?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 09:29 AM
GTC
1st Gear Member

Default '13 Computer Screen Mounted Crooked. Are you kidding?

Driving a 2013 Premium Automatic, and I noticed that with select shift on that in the computer screen between the instruments the bottom of the gear numbers is cut off and out of view. For example, you can't see the bottom line of the number two. Upon closer inspection, the reason is the display screen between the speedo and tach is actually mounted crooked canting clockwise within it's bracket or frame, and the bracket is not commensurately crooked and therefore blocks the parts of the screen that go behind it out of sight due to the crooked cant. Wow. It is glaringly evident if you have the Trip A or B on because of the large squares surrounding that screen picture.

That's going to be a pretty big warranty job right? They'll have to disassemble the whole stinking dash, probably order parts etc. Have you guys seen this before?
Old 06-20-2013, 04:01 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTC
Driving a 2013 Premium Automatic, and I noticed that with select shift on that in the computer screen between the instruments the bottom of the gear numbers is cut off and out of view. For example, you can't see the bottom line of the number two. Upon closer inspection, the reason is the display screen between the speedo and tach is actually mounted crooked canting clockwise within it's bracket or frame, and the bracket is not commensurately crooked and therefore blocks the parts of the screen that go behind it out of sight due to the crooked cant. Wow. It is glaringly evident if you have the Trip A or B on because of the large squares surrounding that screen picture.

That's going to be a pretty big warranty job right? They'll have to disassemble the whole stinking dash, probably order parts etc. Have you guys seen this before?
It happens. The inside drivers door handle on mine was completely out of the template and crooked when I got it. Yea...its a WTF moment cause it's such an obvious screw up. But the dealer fixed it toot sweet....

That's the only time I've had it in the shop.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTC
Probably a 2 dollar bracket and a couple of hours to fix.