Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

ROUSH CAI or Airraid CAI

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 AM
maxmustang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevsgt
What tuner did you go with? I plan to finally get my CAI and tuner sometime this week; just started looking around the forums to get all the opinions on the various options out there. I was planning to go with AM, even before learning about the forum discount. I thought I would be well short of the 50 post requirement, but just checked and this will be 46!

Might upgrade the throttle body while I'm at it.
3rd week of November is my Birthday so I'm planning on buying my SCT Tuner then. I heard Diablo Predator Tunes were good too but I have heard 0 complaints from SCT users. You get free Bama tunes from AM for life so every few months when you install a new mod you just call them and they will write a custom tune to your specification. And great idea. I am also considering buying a bbk throttle body this coming Christmas.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Vegasrph98
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangDawg
Vegasrph98:
Don't mean to jack this thread, but I noticed in your signature that you're running MBRP axle backs. I just got an Airaid CAI and will install it this weekend. I've been looking at the MBRPs and was wondering if you could give a little feedback on how they sound and any other thoughts you may have about them. The "growl" you're now hearing may be a combination of your CAI and MBRPs, but I'm just guessing. Can't wait to install the CAI and looking forward to some axle backs. Anyway, let me know and thanks in advance.

PM SENT!
Old 10-17-2013, 01:59 PM
StangDawg

Originally Posted by Vegasrph98
PM SENT!
PM'd ya back. Thanks so much for you help
Old 10-17-2013, 02:00 PM
StangDawg

Originally Posted by maxmustang
3rd week of November is my Birthday so I'm planning on buying my SCT Tuner then. I heard Diablo Predator Tunes were good too but I have heard 0 complaints from SCT users. You get free Bama tunes from AM for life so every few months when you install a new mod you just call them and they will write a custom tune to your specification. And great idea. I am also considering buying a bbk throttle body this coming Christmas.
FYI, Steeda is offering the same deal and have heard good things from them as well since they work directly with Ford. Just my
Old 10-17-2013, 07:06 PM
J7erry
1st Gear Member

Don't mean to sound like such a noon, but I don't understand the tune thing. I just installed my Roush CAI today and I can definitely hear and feel a difference. I just saw the thing also about disconnecting the battery. Is there a site that explains tune? Thanks
Old 10-17-2013, 08:30 PM
maxmustang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by J7erry
Don't mean to sound like such a noon, but I don't understand the tune thing. I just installed my Roush CAI today and I can definitely hear and feel a difference. I just saw the thing also about disconnecting the battery. Is there a site that explains tune? Thanks
Yes. Go to American Muscle.com and click on the link at the top right corner where it says tuners. Click on the very first product that pops up. It is an SCT tuner and it comes with a video that does a brief explanation of what it does.
You can also Youtube videos by entering sct tuner in the search bar. Hope that helps. If you still need help pm me and I'll answer whatever questions you have.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:53 PM
J7erry
1st Gear Member

Thank you maxmustang, I will do that. Just took the battery cable off and will do the relearn on the way home. Thanks for the info!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:49 PM
J7erry
1st Gear Member

I don't think I can pm yet. Does this void the warranty? I bought the 72k extended warranty and the video doesn't mention that.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:18 PM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

It voids the warranty at the point they determine that the tune caused the problem. They could blame anything that goes wrong, that is controlled by the ECU, on the tune. If your car is BRAND NEW, I'd hold off. I had a few thousand miles on my before I put a tune on it. You know, just in case anything shakes out. I've been very happy with mine and my car runs very nice and strong.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:31 PM
jrexer

In regards to the tune, is there anyway to return the ECU back to stock? Can the dealer see how many times the ECU has been re-programmed?

Quick Reply: ROUSH CAI or Airraid CAI