Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

bama tune warranty experience?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:42 PM
SeanB97

Default bama tune warranty experience?

Hey everyone. I'm aware that the bama tune can void your warranty and what not, but I'm just curious if anyone that has it actually has any experience where something actually went wrong on their car and it voided the warranty for you? If so, I'd be curious to hear what exactly was wrong and what it got voided for etc. I want to tune but just really don't want to risk voiding the warranty lol. Call me what you want but I'm just sketched by the whole deal.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:07 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

I have never had any problems with my tuned car, so I would of course say tune it and have fun.
But I would never talk negatively about someone being cautious with their new car.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:24 PM
bmkj02

Check out the Diablo Sport Intune and Trinity. These are the only two that wont leave a footprint if you return it to stock in case you need to take it to the dealership. I don't know about the other brands but I know these are the only two from Diablo Sport. I had to take mine due to tranny issues and they didn't catch it. I have the Intune
I too hate when people talk trash like they have all the money in the world to make repair when warranty wont pick it up so I don't trash talk either. Its smart trying to keep the warranty intact as long as you can.

Last edited by bmkj02; 03-20-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:04 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SeanB97
Hey everyone. I'm aware that the bama tune can void your warranty and what not, but I'm just curious if anyone that has it actually has any experience where something actually went wrong on their car and it voided the warranty for you? If so, I'd be curious to hear what exactly was wrong and what it got voided for etc. I want to tune but just really don't want to risk voiding the warranty lol. Call me what you want but I'm just sketched by the whole deal.
The dealership can't just void your warranty because you tuned your car. Like you said, if something were to go wrong with your Mustang they would have to prove that whatever damage occurred was caused by the tune. This is very hard to do and in most cases you should be okay.

I went in with a broken axle from the track and my car has full bolt-ons and a Bama tune, they covered it without a problem!

It's never a good idea to hide from the dealership though. I would recommend giving your local dealers a call and let them know what your plans are. See if they'll give you a hard time. Some dealerships do and some don't!

Hope this helps..

-Dan
Old 03-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ne-maintenance

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act

Read it.

In a nutshell the warranty cannot be voided for a failed component unless your moded component caused the failure.

Also when you replace the original component with a moded component the warranty is only voided for that component that you replaced.

@bmkj02 - You are wrong. ALL aftermarket tunes leave a 'foot print' with the PCM. The dealership can see when the last reset was. The reason they didn't say anything about the tune the last time you were at the dealer is because your engine tune had nothing to do with the Tranny. Unless, you have an automatic and the tune set the pressure so high that it caused the failure to the automatic tranny.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:24 PM
bmkj02

Originally Posted by Derf00
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ne-maintenance

@bmkj02 - You are wrong. ALL aftermarket tunes leave a 'foot print' with the PCM. The dealership can see when the last reset was. The reason they didn't say anything about the tune the last time you were at the dealer is because your engine tune had nothing to do with the Tranny. Unless, you have an automatic and the tune set the pressure so high that it caused the failure to the automatic tranny.
Im not wrong on this. I have spent months looking this up. After many communications with different companies among other individuals these are the only two that Diablo Sports makes that dont leave a foot print. Contact them and others. I have done my homework a lot on this. I dont know about other brand but do know Diablo Sports. Check it out. I have many emails from Diablo Sport and American Musle plus feedback on them confiming this.

And yes I have an automatic and the solenoids went bad. 3 of them.

Last edited by bmkj02; 03-22-2014 at 06:35 PM.