Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Newbie Modder

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:54 PM
MootPoon817

Default Newbie Modder

Ok so after 3 years of owning my 2011 V6, I decided I want to start upgrading it. I ultimately want to supercharge it. What list of modifications should I start leading up to the supercharger? Here is my ideal setup thus far:
Airaid CAI
Bama Tuner
Eibach Pro System Suspension Kit
Borla ATAK Axle Back exhaust
and finally Procharger Supercharger Complete Kit

Anything else I should add/take away? It will also be a daily driver but I want to add a bit of a punch to it. Remember I am a newbie to this.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:33 AM
cema93
2nd Gear Member

Aluminum driveshaft would be nice. Some gears would really wake ur car up. 3.73 or 4.10. I personally have 4.10. Great gears.
Depends on how much boost ur pushing. If its not too much then the engine will handle it fine without much modification inside. But if ur pushing a lot then u would want to forge some stuff.
The suspension kit will help u get it to the ground. And so will the DS. Possibly a better throttle body to help it breathe with the extra boost. Upgrade your headers.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:06 AM
JimC

Since your plan is to go with forced induction, don't bother with the Air Raid CAI. The difference between the CAI and tune or the stock air box and tune isn't that much; the tune is where the power is found. And when you do get the Procharger, you won't be able to use the CAI so will then have to sell it. So with the goal you have, why bother unless you just want a different look under the hood in the meantime.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:16 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

If you have plans to supercharger your 2011 v6, I highly recommend an upgraded one piece aluminum driveshaft. The factory units are no match for the power you'll be putting down. The last thing you want to worry about while racing your Mustang is the driveshaft letting go.

Also, I think JimC has the right idea if you truly are going to supercharge your Mustang. Since you won't be able to reuse the Airaid CAI, you'll be better off saving the money for the Procharger!

Good luck with your future upgrades. Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

Shane
Old 05-02-2014, 08:12 AM
mikeagoff

Since you are planning on lowering it, I would also recommend an adjustable panhard bar. Once you lower it the wheels will likely be to the right about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. The panhard bar will allow you to bring it back to center.

While not necessary, I would also suggest a set of lower control arms, as well, to help plant the tires to the ground a bit better.