Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion > 3.7L V6 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
rumtillidie
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014, Ford, Mustang
Currytillidie
Question Average gas Mileage

Hi Everyone

I picked up a 2014 mustang V6 a few months ago and I haven't gotten the advertised gas mileage as stated on Fords website. Is anyone else getting close to the avertised gas mileage? Right now it keeps changing from 14 and 15L per 100km (I'm in Canada) and I drive mostly on the streets. I just want to know what others are getting, thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
1 Alpine type R - 500watts rms
rumtillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 4.6 gt with red leather

my 2010 gt gets about 1 liter to 1.1 liter per 10 km's dude
Old 08-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: early 2000, 1991, 2008

That's about right, if you do mostly stop and go city driving where you do a lot of idleing.
Also do you get up to speed quickly or take your time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker View Post
my 2010 gt gets about 1 liter to 1.1 liter per 10 km's dude
This has absolutely nothing to do with the 3.7L v6 cars or helps the OP in any way.

1991 2.3L I4
2000 3.8L V6
2008 4.6L V8
PNYXPRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #4
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 V6 MCA Performance Package, Comfort Package, Securtity Package and Electronics Package

The Car is rated at 19 MPG city driving it real conservatively, not knowing how fast you accelerate or what gear you cruise around in I can't really help on that.. You are still getting over 15 1/2 MPG, mine will drop down to 16 of 17 if I stay in town after filling up.
GMR Member 257

Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #5
Diehard

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang V6 Perf Package, MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumtillidie View Post
Hi Everyone

I picked up a 2014 mustang V6 a few months ago and I haven't gotten the advertised gas mileage as stated on Fords website. Is anyone else getting close to the avertised gas mileage? Right now it keeps changing from 14 and 15L per 100km (I'm in Canada) and I drive mostly on the streets. I just want to know what others are getting, thanks!
Taking it really easy (95% of the time) in the suburbs, little to no highway, I managed to average about 22 MPG (10.7 L per 100km). Although I don't think that will last much longer. I was just trying to see how good I could do.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:22 AM   #6
Bob T

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang

My car is a 2013 V6 base model.
I haven't checked every tank but when I've checked I got:
21 mpg city,
26 mpg combined city/highway,
27 highway with a high percentage of steep grades up and down (going through the Salt River Canyon),
31 mpg highway with mostly level grade optimum conditions.
Bob T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #7
Moronix
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 V6 Premium Convert.

How many miles are on it? My 2013 V6 went over 4000 miles before getting the expected mpg.
Moronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #8
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Fuel mileage is extremely subjective. Driving style, driving area, road surfaces, temperatures, humidity, % ethanol in the fuel and only a few dozen other variables come into play. Asking about your fuel mileage is like asking how long you're going to live.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #9
tradosaurus
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang

The EPA mpg on the sticker is derived from testing the vehicle using NON ETHANOL fuel.

Since most fuel is 10% Ethanol your mpg will be lower than that stated on the sticker.

I am fortunate that I can buy (30 cents/ gallon more) non ethanol fuel.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #10
Diehard

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang V6 Perf Package, MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
The EPA mpg on the sticker is derived from testing the vehicle using NON ETHANOL fuel.

Since most fuel is 10% Ethanol your mpg will be lower than that stated on the sticker.

I am fortunate that I can buy (30 cents/ gallon more) non ethanol fuel.
Not entirely true!
EPA’s test fuel does not currently contain any ethanol or other oxygenates. However, EPA does account for the impact of low-level ethanol blends in their fuel economy estimates. Ethanol has a lower energy density than gasoline—about 1/3 less energy per gallon. That means a car operating on 10% ethanol would require about 3% more fuel to travel one mile than a car operating on gasoline and thus have about 3% lower fuel economy. EPA currently reduces all fuel economy test values by about 10% to account for ethanol in gasoline and other factors such as wind, hills, and road conditions.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:35 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement