Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Exhaust again!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 06:05 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Default Exhaust again!!

I know everybody is probably sick of exhaust questions, but I'm really in doubt on which axles to get. I have read reviews everywhere I can find them and am still at an impass... so I figured I would ask the experts here.

What I'm looking for is a good deep sound throughout the rpm range, but it doesn't have to be real loud. I think every brand I have looked at some say they have drone, some say they don't, so I'm to the point where I think they all do. I've been looking at the Roush which a lot say they are too loud...the Borla-s which some say aren't real deep toned, and the Magnaflows performance which some say have excessive drone. For those that have them, I would really appreciate your input..the +'s and -"s of your system. I'm open to any other systems I haven't listed if there's a better one out there.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:30 PM
My14GTCS

Roush all the way....drone is not an issue...looks good and sounds great. Gets louder when you get on it
Old 05-20-2015, 04:01 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Thanks My14GTCS.. That's the way I was leaning but some reviews said it was too loud and I realize it's subjective. One review said you can hear the Roush's from a couple blocks away and I think that would be pretty loud.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by My14GTCS
Roush all the way....drone is not an issue...looks good and sounds great. Gets louder when you get on it
yes, I'll bet it does sound good, but you have a V-8, this is the sixer section
Old 05-22-2015, 07:49 AM
Linac

All I can add is that before I bought, I listened to a lot of youtube videos. Ended up with Borla Tourings, just because they take out most everything but the low growl.

It's not real life to compare sounds on just youtube. Decent computer speakers help, but most recordings are off somebody's iPhone and it's kind of hit and miss. Most of the big-names will have at least a half-dozen, so with time you can sample around. IRL is going to be better, no doubt about that, but youtube can give you a quick look around in one evening, narrow down your choices.

Borla did a really professional job on their video ad, and along with a few DIY videos that's what sold me:
Old 05-22-2015, 11:07 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I actually watched and listened to youtube videos last night and have narrowed it down to the Roush system and the Borla-S. I like the sound in the upper RPM's of the Borla better, but don't think it is worth $300 more.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:29 PM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

Take a look and listen to Bassani axle backs. It has that deep sound you are looking for.

I was wanting a deep sound without the cracking sound on deceleration. After watching many youtube videos I took a chance and bought them and I'm glad I did. The Bassani's aren't too loud and I have no drone while driving. At cruising speed they get mellow but when you go WOT they let everyone know you are coming.

Last edited by jesse1125; 05-22-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:19 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Thank you Jessie, I will have to give those a look too. I will probably be getting these next month...so I still have time to change my mind.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:18 PM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

I like my Magnaflow setup real well...sounds great at WOT and no drone when cruising.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:49 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Has anybody heard or installed the Trident axlebacks yet? I found this system and there's a few vids on youtube and to me they sound the deepest..even deeper than the Roush system. I've been playing these on my surround system to get the best qulity sound. There's only a few reviews on these and they are all good saying very good sound and good quality.

Quick Reply: Exhaust again!!