Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Paxton supercharger for 3.7L?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 01:43 AM
guccistang2011

Default Paxton supercharger for 3.7L?

So, I was talking too one of my mechanics and asked him about super charging my 3.7l and he recommended too use a Paxton blower. Now to my knowledge the only supercharger available for the 3.7l is the Procharger unit. He said Procharger is good, but he was very adamant that Paxton was the best supercharger unit. I'm not too sure if he was talking about just using a Paxton blower unit, and fabing the rest of the system or using GT paxton kit for it.

He also said something along the lines of that by using a Supercharger, you would really want to remove the cats because they would be burned out by a supercharger or something like that. I don't know this guy too well, but he was recommended to me by a friend.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:15 AM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Paxton makes one for the 5.0, not the 3.7.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:33 PM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

The only reason a supercharger would burn out your catalysts is if the tune is waaaaay off. That shouldn't be a factor in most cases.

Both the Paxton and the Procharger are centrifugal superchargers, as is the Vortech product. You can buy a "head unit" from any of them and fab up your own system if you are so inclined. Procharger is the only one that has a complete kit at the moment.

What would be nice is if someone would get a roots blower kit together for the 3.7. This would be more like the TVS, Magnacharger, Eaton, and Edelbrock kits. Seems so obvious, but there must not be much demand for it?

No matter what route you go on forced induction, it seems like 500 RWHP is about all the engine will take, which happens between 10 and 12 psi of boost depending on how the engine is configured. After that the bottom end gets a bit weak. There are forged internals available now for the 3.7, so if you spring for those more may be possible. As the old adage goes: "Speed costs money, so how fast would you like to pay?"
Old 01-10-2017, 06:43 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by WindyMustang

What would be nice is if someone would get a roots blower kit together for the 3.7. This would be more like the TVS, Magnacharger, Eaton, and Edelbrock kits. Seems so obvious, but there must not be much demand for it?
It's not a case of no demand for a positive displacement blower - there is no way to install one on the 3.7. The valley between the heads is too narrow for it. The only way to install one would be to cut a hole in the hood for the blower to stick out of.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:13 AM
User 92421
IN JAIL!

pro-charge
Old 01-14-2017, 08:18 PM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
It's not a case of no demand for a positive displacement blower - there is no way to install one on the 3.7. The valley between the heads is too narrow for it. The only way to install one would be to cut a hole in the hood for the blower to stick out of.
I'm totally OK with that, especially if it's chromed. Call me crazy!
Old 01-15-2017, 10:28 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

http://www.americanmuscle.com/procha...blue&GID=80812