Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Wobbling issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 06:50 AM
AND

Question Wobbling issue

Hi everyone. I purchased my used 2012 V6 convertible Mustang car on August 2016 from AutoNation dealer. It had 68000 miles when purchased with clean title.
After 3 weeks of having it, one morning i heard a strange noise under brake pedal when I pushed it and after a minute or so when I started accelerating in freeway the car started wobbling from side to side and the fraction control light came up. It lasted for 10 seconds and everything got normal after that. I've had this issue since then which has happened once in every 10 days! I've taken the car to 2 different Ford dealers at least for 6 times and the car stayed there for 2-3 days each time, but they couldn't find the issue. (since they needed to duplicate the problem, which of course never happened while it was there.)
The only code which was restored in the system was regarding YAW SENSOR MALFUNCTION. They re-calibrated it, but the issue is still there.
Has anyone had such an issue or heard similar problem before?
Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this long story ...
Attached Thumbnails Wobbling issue-20161017_230226_resized_1.jpg  
Old 02-05-2017, 11:22 AM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Well I'm no doctor but I'll give it a shot...

The traction control system uses both power management (by reducing throttle input going to the electronic throttle actuator) and the ABS system (to grab the brakes in any combination). It uses the yaw sensor to decide how much of either of those is necessary.

Are there any issue with the brakes? If so, the traction control system can get confused.

Is there any issue with the throttle or have any modifications been made? If so, that can confuse the traction control too.

If both of those check out, try looking at the electrical grounding to the sensor and / or the sensor itself.

One last thing...whenever it's acting up, tgry turning the traction control all the way off (press and hold the TC button until it goes off, don't just push it) and that will tell you a lot too.

Good luck! Very odd issue...
Old 02-07-2017, 06:59 AM
David Young
2nd Gear Member

Some 2011-2012 V6 Mustangs have a problem with the throttle body. Call your local Ford dealer to see if your VIN is on the list for the "Customer Satisfaction Program 16B23". My VIN was on the list and I had mine replaced for 'free'. I have never had problems with my old throttle body, I had it replaced anyway
Old 02-09-2017, 12:46 AM
AND

Originally Posted by WindyMustang

The traction control system uses both power management (by reducing throttle input going to the electronic throttle actuator) and the ABS system (to grab the brakes in any combination). It uses the yaw sensor to decide how much of either of those is necessary.

Are there any issue with the brakes? If so, the traction control system can get confused.

Is there any issue with the throttle or have any modifications been made? If so, that can confuse the traction control too.

If both of those check out, try looking at the electrical grounding to the sensor and / or the sensor itself.

One last thing...whenever it's acting up, tgry turning the traction control all the way off (press and hold the TC button until it goes off, don't just push it) and that will tell you a lot too.

Thank you WindyMustang.
Actually it happened today and i remembered your advice in regards to pushing the TC button down. I will take it to dealer one more time tomorrow.
I appreciate your time.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:48 AM
AND

Originally Posted by WindyMustang

Thanks David Young.
I entered my VIN number in ford website but it didn't bring any recall for mine.
I will ask them tomorrow when taking my car to dealer.
Thank you.