Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2012 trunk parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:59 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Default 2012 trunk parts

I need pieces that hold on the cover in the trunk that covers the tailights. Looks like it could be wingnuts or plastic push pins that go onto some threads back there to hold that back cover on. I'm missing the two upper ones. Anybody know where I can get these at or a part number. Bought this car used and didn't have them when I got it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:19 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by ucinn
I need pieces that hold on the cover in the trunk that covers the tailights. Looks like it could be wingnuts or plastic push pins that go onto some threads back there to hold that back cover on. I'm missing the two upper ones. Anybody know where I can get these at or a part number. Bought this car used and didn't have them when I got it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Ford parts giant dot com

You can look up the actual ford part number instead of the abbreviated dealer number that's most often times cross references to 20 other parts that don't relate to what you need. THey have pretty good prices but delivery is a bit slow. Or, you can take the full number and then search on your favorite website to see if you can find them faster or cheaper.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:27 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I look it up on there and it shows the part as HM3 but when I look up HM3 and put in my VIN, it says the part is not compatable with my car..ughh
Old 04-01-2017, 11:15 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I finally found them, waited until I got them to make sure they fit. In case anybody comes across this looking for them, here's where I got them.

https://lmr.com/item/W714997S300/upp...-retainer-1014
Old 04-01-2017, 11:55 AM
1DrunkCat

Originally Posted by ucinn
I finally found them, waited until I got them to make sure they fit. In case anybody comes across this looking for them, here's where I got them.

https://lmr.com/item/W714997S300/upp...-retainer-1014
Thanks for the link Ucinn!! I had one break off last year and now I can finally replace it.