5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

thumper ported E7TE heads $595 to go to be true??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:05 PM
88shitstang

Default thumper ported E7TE heads $595 to go to be true??????

has anyone ever used or herd of the thumper ported E7TE heads..... from thumper performance in orange park, florida???? because im not spending $1300 bucks for afrs or any other head and these heads are $595 plus thill give you a $100 core for your heads...so if anyone herd of these headslet me no please, thank you....ifnot anyone no were i can buy a set of ported heads for under $700 bucks????

thank you
scott..
Old 06-04-2007, 07:07 PM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: thumper ported E7TE heads $595 to go to be true??????

Thumper is a great company and many people on this forum have gone through them. If you are looking for a great set of upgraded ported heads, Thumper is the way to go. Good choice, don't look back, you won't be sorry.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:24 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Wow,

This is right here in Orange Park. What is there website and phone number?

I'm in the same situation and was just about to start saving for some AFR 165's. This would be a much cheaper alternative please provide more info!

-Jeff
Old 06-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

That "old school" guy?......lol ....+ if you have any other mods (convertion to stud mount rockers, etc) he'll also work them for a good price. FYI..... he is shipping back a set of GT40p's for a project I'm working on, and the quality of the work is great.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:48 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

does he have gt40s or do youhave to supply him with them.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:53 PM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

For the price it's not worth porting stock iron heads. Aluminum heads cost roughly the same, flow roughly the same (and STILL have potential..the irons are maxed at this point), and weigh a lot less
Old 06-04-2007, 08:17 PM
mrbigshot
3rd Gear Member

thumper e7's flow as well as stock gt40p's. gt40p's can be had for around $200 from the junkyard or $500 ported with no core.

have gt40's ported, e7's maxed are no better and costs more.there not even close to the potental of a as cast head from afr, or tf.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tmajikman

Don't know, but you could ask him.....in my case I supplied them.

For the price it's not worth porting stock iron heads. Aluminum heads cost roughly the same, flow roughly the same (and STILL have potential..the irons are maxed at this point), and weigh a lot less
You have a point, but there are projects, and there are Projects......the cost of watching the face of a "victim" when you show your weapon's iron "stock" heads..........priceless!...

Wow,

I'm in the same situation and was just about to start saving for some AFR 165's. This would be a much cheaper alternative please provide more info!

-Jeff
Thumper of Orange Park ...tell him the guy from PR sent you.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:29 PM
CrazyCobraSpeed
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Joel5.0

ORIGINAL: tmajikman

Don't know, but you could ask him.....in my case I supplied them.

You have a point, but there are projects, and there are Projects......the cost of watching the face of a "victim" when you show your weapon's iron "stock" heads..........priceless!...

Wow,

-Jeff
Thumper of Orange Park ...tell him the guy from PR sent you.

thats the same reason i got mine done.... pop my hood looks stock... nothing more than a nice paint job.... but all the work i had thumper do to my gt-40s and they flow better than 165AFRs.... ya they are heavier... but how much u as... not much at all... between 20 and 25 lbs a piece... so no more htan 50 lbs.... that is a .05 second differnce in the quarter mile.... hell a bad launch can make a differnece of .3 seconds ez and its not a drag only car so there is not point in spendin the xtra money...

he is a good guy does a lotta heads just ask around plunty of ppl have used him... i woulnt waste your time with porting E7TE's tho.... go to a junk yard and pull some gt-40s..... otherwise get on ebay and get some already ported.... dont was the 600 bucks on those E's they wont have ne more potenial left after you port them and they wont give u that large of an hp gain... but hey if u want to keep E7TEs under the hood then go for it, ull notice a differnce for sure
Old 06-04-2007, 08:50 PM
88shitstang

i dont really care to much for the gt40ps becuz you need change your headers and find a spark plug that works plus i just bent a vavle last week at the track soo im lookin for a fix and i have everythng on my car all bolt ons and cam and upper and lower intake the only thing i dont have is heads i just want them ported and get a built up vavle train now cuz in a few weeks im buying the barry grant nitrous works kit 125shot wet and i dont wann deal with any more beant vavles or bent pushrods..... if i wasnt planning on spraying it then i would of concidered the gt40p heads but i dont need them now i think the e7s should do me well for now wut do you guys think?????

Quick Reply: thumper ported E7TE heads $595 to go to be true??????