Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > 351 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
347Stroker Cougar
2nd Gear Member

Default Difference between a 351w and a 351c

i'm buying a 351 block from our school mechanic but he doesn't know if it's a 351w or a 351c.

What's really the difference between the two? which is better? which would be better for making a 408 stroker.

Thanks, Taylor.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 05-13-2006, 04:20 AM   #2
myshifter
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Difference between a 351w and a 351c

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 347Stroker Cougar

i'm buying a 351 block from our school mechanic but he doesn't know if it's a 351w or a 351c.

What's really the difference between the two? which is better? which would be better for making a 408 stroker.

Thanks, Taylor.
They are 2 totally different families. The cleveland is old school and unless you have 10-15k to build a serious cleveland then stay away. You can tell a cleveland a mile away by noticing the thermostat bolts directly to the block. they are notoriously thin, 30 over bore means you gotta search through dozens of core blocks to find one with out much core shift. Just stay away, more than likely your getting a winsor. Clevelands are a rare bird nowadays. They are an awesome engine if you have the money and like to play around. Im sure your getting a winsor
myshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:30 AM   #3
5.0wot
1st Gear Member

I thought the cleveland was a strictly truck block w/ slanted bores to produce MASSIVE torque...........Was I miss-imformed?
Old 05-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #4
myshifter
I ♥ Acer

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 5.0wot

I thought the cleveland was a strictly truck block w/ slanted bores to produce MASSIVE torque...........Was I miss-imformed?
Yes, you were. The cleveland 4V that everyone uses for restorations make absolutely no low end torque. They can be built to turn massive rpm but lack bottom end torque big time, due to Fords thinking of bigger is better. Go look at an intake runner on a 4V cyclinder head, you could almost fit a tennis ball in the port. That kills low end torque massively. There is absolutely no velocity at low rpm. Not to mention a host of other problems with the cleveland.
myshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:47 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
351, 351c, 351m, 351w, cleavland, craigslist, differance, difference, differences, diffrence, ford, fox, mustang, vs, whats