Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > 351 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
roghoge
2nd Gear Member

Default 351 into a 95

Ok, so i've decided i'm pulling a 96 windor roller 351 block from the junkyard tomorrow. I've read conflicting things telling me what all i'm going to need to do the swap. This swap is going to be very slow progress as I am also a college student. I just want to get the thing started on. Heres what I know i'll need

-Oil pan and pump
-New set of shortie headers
-heads drilled to 1/2 inch bold size
-cam
-new intake (at least lower intake, I have a cobra intake but will probably switch to trickflow)
-flywheel and balancer

Now something I have a question on, I've read that you need to buy an accessories kit for front accessories to swap. However, I was told that is just for the ones up to year 93. Since I have a 95 will my front accessories and timing cover just swap straight over?

Any help would be great, and let me know if theres anything else I need (Since it's a motor from the junkyard i'll also be taking it to a machine shop to get it looked over and also i'll be replacing all the internals)
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

95 GTS 5 speed
BBK Cold air intake, MAC catback system, pypes catted x, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, King Cobra Clutch, BBK equal length headers, BBK underdrive pulleys, 70mm Throttle Body, 95 Cobra upper/lower intake, Ford Racing 9mm wires, MSD blaster coil, Ford Racing C Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts, BBK 190 lph fuel pump, HID Light Kit
roghoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
AdderMk2
Banned

Vehicle: 94 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to AdderMk2

your accessory brackets will swap directly over, as your brackets are bolted to the heads only.
AdderMk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
roghoge
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Adder! One more question, what about the oil pan? Like I said before for the accessories, I know they need the swap kit up to 93, but do 94 and 95? There's a ton of how to's and listings of what all you need out there for the fox's, just not so much the sn95's.

95 GTS 5 speed
BBK Cold air intake, MAC catback system, pypes catted x, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, King Cobra Clutch, BBK equal length headers, BBK underdrive pulleys, 70mm Throttle Body, 95 Cobra upper/lower intake, Ford Racing 9mm wires, MSD blaster coil, Ford Racing C Springs, KYB Shocks & Struts, BBK 190 lph fuel pump, HID Light Kit
roghoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:40 AM   #4
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 98 Bucket
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=124700115

youre going to need at the minimum:

new oil pan

headers

intake manifold

if you dont have an F4TE block its going to be a hyd flat cam, not a roller

28oz balance flywheel and balancer instead of the 50oz crap

the brackets bolt right up to the heads theres no kit needed

more than likely youll need a cowl hood too

im sure theres more but thats all i can think of...
PI heads, COMP 270's, LT's, OR X, Bassani, 9.5lb aluminum flywheel, SPEC stg4 clutch, 4.10's, MGW, FRPP DS, 30#, 255lph, BBK 78mm TB, K&N, Weld fat n' skinnies, BFG DR's, power nothing, cage, 5 pts, Corbeau's, and some other stuff

sn95_331_GT_ yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:28 AM   #5
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang GT

roghoge, make sure you use the timing cover from the 5.0. You can add an H/X-pipe for a 351 to your list also.

Nadia - 2010 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS: SLP Blackwing, K&N Air Filter, SLP Under Drive Pulley, VMax TB, OBX 1-7/8 LTs with HF Cats, OBX 3" Cat-Back, Custom Predator Tune!!
DeathRattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:28 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
255lph, 351, 351w, 95, air, bap, cold, f250, intake, king, mustang, oklahoma, put, sn95, stang