Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > 351 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
white95gt

Vehicle: 1995 mustang gt
Default 85 coupe build

Getting a 85 coupe wanna build a 351w im getting to drop into it. The goal is a low 6s 1/8th mile street car maybe high 5s one day. what should i do? turbo power is easy power but what should i do i wanna run a 80mm turbo on it. Need input on what to upgrade in the motor i know forged pistons,engine girdle, arp hardware throughout the motor. but what else?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
white95gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 95 GT

Aluminum heads, custom cam, intake, good tune if you want it to last.

Soon to come: 393 stroker
351w bored .030, Probe Industries forged internals, Trickflow 205's, FTI custom cam, Trickflow R 90mm intake, Accufab 90mm TB, FRPP 42lb injectors, 1 3/4" custom Accufab LT's, 3" exhaust, MS2
Duncan_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
parrfive

Vehicle: 1989 mustang gt

Low 6's. Okay 427 dart block, 13.5to 1 AFR 220's, 1050 Quick fuel, 698 solid lift and about 10 grand and i run 6.20 all day. Nothing to it.
parrfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 95 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrfive View Post
Low 6's. Okay 427 dart block, 13.5to 1 AFR 220's, 1050 Quick fuel, 698 solid lift and about 10 grand and i run 6.20 all day. Nothing to it.
I've spent about 12 grand on my motor alone.

Soon to come: 393 stroker
351w bored .030, Probe Industries forged internals, Trickflow 205's, FTI custom cam, Trickflow R 90mm intake, Accufab 90mm TB, FRPP 42lb injectors, 1 3/4" custom Accufab LT's, 3" exhaust, MS2
Duncan_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 89 mustang

I would be looking to up grade the rods also. while the stock ones will work for awhile I would not chance it. the crank will take just about anything the block will if balanced right and the tune is good. a big a$$ fuel system DONT cut corners here. are you gone to run F/I or a carb? I would be looking at a 205 size head that will give you some room to grow and work well on the combo. Get a cam cut for a turbo engine. Who's turbo kit and turbo are you looking at?
You will need all the suspension help you can get good axles, spool, good up and lower arms and drag struts and shocks. you will need a roll cage not a bar due to the rules and lots of other safety stuff and you will need a competition licence to run that fast.
While you can run those numbers and much faster with a well prepped stock W block I would be looking at a good A/M block due to the fact you are building a bomb it is not if it fails it is when and how fast are you gone to be running when it does. water and oil under the rear wheels at 140+ MPH is not fun. trust me.Happend to me at a much lower speed
Old 07-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #6
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 95 mustang gt

10 grand for a good turbo engine is not easy to do..You would be better off buying one already done that someone is selling....hell dart block 2400.00 alone.i went with dart pro cnc heads-upgraded Manley valves,titanium retainers,and shaft mount t&d which put the heads at over 4000.Be prepared to spend more than you think you will. Don't try to save cash on some inferior part.You will just end up paying more for it later when you need to rebuild the engine.
4:10 eaton/moser rearend
upr front suspension
strange adjustable shocks/struts-battery in trunk
driveshaft loop - subframe connectors
10pt. chrome moly cage- rear seat delete-ultra lite gauges
wolfe rear suspension-torque boxes welded
400 turbo trans rev. man valve body trans brake
408 C.I.TURBO ENGINE
DART-CALLIES-OLIVER-ARP-MANLEY-SOLID CAM
95 BLOWN GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:36 AM
MustangForums