Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > 351 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
clodracer2000

Vehicle: 86 ford mustang
Default carb to efi

Sup dudes! I have a 86 notch with a 393 stroker. I wanna go efi over this winter cuz id like better gas mileage lol. My question is will i have to convert to a roller cam setup from the flat tappet that i run now? Some say yea, others say no. Id like some opinions if possible, thanks!!!! O the motor has 10:1 comp, man o war 18 degree 200cc heads, and comp cams 300 duration 558 lift cam.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
clodracer2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 95 GT

No, you don't have to switch to a roller cam, flat tappet is fine. Pending your budget, swapping cam styles is expensive. Ask me how I know

Soon to come: 393 stroker
351w bored .030, Probe Industries forged internals, Trickflow 205's, FTI custom cam, Trickflow R 90mm intake, Accufab 90mm TB, FRPP 42lb injectors, 1 3/4" custom Accufab LT's, 3" exhaust, MS2
Duncan_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 95 mustang gt

agreed...roller cam not needed.
4:10 eaton/moser rearend
upr front suspension
strange adjustable shocks/struts-battery in trunk
driveshaft loop - subframe connectors
10pt. chrome moly cage- rear seat delete-ultra lite gauges
wolfe rear suspension-torque boxes welded
400 turbo trans rev. man valve body trans brake
408 C.I.TURBO ENGINE
DART-CALLIES-OLIVER-ARP-MANLEY-SOLID CAM
95 BLOWN GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
aode08
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 91 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by clodracer2000 View Post
Sup dudes! I have a 86 notch with a 393 stroker. I wanna go efi over this winter cuz id like better gas mileage lol. My question is will i have to convert to a roller cam setup from the flat tappet that i run now? Some say yea, others say no. Id like some opinions if possible, thanks!!!! O the motor has 10:1 comp, man o war 18 degree 200cc heads, and comp cams 300 duration 558 lift cam.
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...et_intro.shtml

scroll to the bottom, it goes in place of your carb.This seems easy because it will self tune to your engine, just give your car a EFI fuel pump setup in the tank from a 5.0 donor, or get a 5.0 tank and wiring etc for efi

Dont know the cost, or you can ****** the whole setup from a 5.0 crow vic, van,truck or mustang etc of the years 88-93, then get 36 or 42lb injectors and dyno tune.

347 , 11:1 Compression,Knife Edged Lightened Crank,AFR 185,Ported Trick-flow Intake,Ford X-CAM,Under-drive pulleys,aluminum drive-shaft, 3:73 gears,Fender Cold Air Intake,Long tube headers,MSD Digital Ignition System
Lightened chassis.

451HP 439 FtLbTrq. mid 10 second car !
aode08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:48 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement