351 Mustang

need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 07:54 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by barnett468
Ummm…it is certainly NOT "the end of point!" [as you are demonstratively proclaiming] just because you say it is, AND if you had read and UNDERSTOOD his ENTIRE post, you might be offering HELPFUL suggestions instead of simply trying to discredit the info/suggestions I am posting.

I don’t see how trying to discredit other peoples posts with abrasive comments helps ANYONE, especially when it is done by a “moderator” whose job is to “moderate” and is NOT to try to antagonize, berate and/or belittle other members and/or their posts whom are only trying to help the best they can.

It's also abrasive comments like yours that drive some members to other other sites like fordmuscleforums.com where these sort of things are not tolerated or allowed to continue. I guess since it is allowed to continue here that this site is not interested in getting new members or keeping the ones it has.

I have condensed his post for you below so it may be easier for you to understand.

This clearly means that he has NOT definitely decided on using them.

This means that he does NOT want to spend a lot of money, which is why I mentioned that the link bar lifters are not exactly cheap, and since unlike some others, I am well aware that he can build it with a non roller cam and still get good power and that this will costs less to do.

This means that he would like to hear other peoples suggestions and ideas so I gave him some, but it doesn't mean he has to do them.

my post contains no abrassive comments and is not meant to antagonize you and as always once again you start with a long rant to derail yet another thread........you are the one antagonizing me so let me spell it out for you. 1. You promote another website on here such as "ford muscle" = against forum rules = permanant ban 2. you respond to this post in anyway shape or forum = infraction. we're done.

Last edited by mjr46; 12-18-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:56 PM
ocalastang

This is what I've came up with so far. Going with the 351w block stroked to 393. Just ordered the link bar lifters (found some for 200 bucks) going to stick to fuel injection and the tRick flow intake setup. Going to do a small build on the trans and torque convertor. I'll post pics as the build starts to come together
Old 12-19-2014, 08:13 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by ocalastang
This is what I've came up with so far. Going with the 351w block stroked to 393. Just ordered the link bar lifters (found some for 200 bucks) going to stick to fuel injection and the tRick flow intake setup. Going to do a small build on the trans and torque convertor. I'll post pics as the build starts to come together
sounds like a decent budget build, just make sure whatever route you go on the cam.....and I'd really go custom, that you put decent springs locks and retainers on those procomp heads and if you go custom, the person you choose should get you set up right.....ED at fti will be top notch and ask about lsx valvetrain components....= lightweight yet stout!!
Old 12-20-2014, 01:28 AM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ocalastang

hello ocalastang;

in case you haven't thought of if, i would make sure the existing rockers you have are us made . . if they aren't, i would look at scorpions . . they are good quality and a good bang for your buck.

also, if you use the procomp heads and the rocker studs are stock, i would buy some us made ones because the stock pro comp ones are brittle and can snap, especially under the spring pressures that many roller cams require.

Last edited by barnett468; 12-20-2014 at 01:45 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:15 PM
im_stuck_in_iraq
2nd Gear Member

I would like to do a similar thing. Build a decent 351w. Save up for stroker kit then have fun. Need help with what parts to get tho.