SVT Forums

Jack Points 03 Cobra

Old 10-11-2007, 12:53 PM
ModularMax
1st Gear Member

Default Jack Points 03 Cobra

where do i place the jack to jack up thwe rear of the cari cant find a place i feel comforable putting preshgure on whwere am i supposed to jack the back tires up from
Old 10-11-2007, 01:10 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Jack Points 03 Cobra

Get some full lengths welded in, they make excellent jacking points...

Otherwise...you can use the spot where the factory jack goes or use a piece of wood and hit the spot where the full lengths would get welded two.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:08 PM
ModularMax
1st Gear Member

full length sub-frame connectors?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:16 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ModularMax

LOL..yeah right, like I can put a jack even under the frame without the connectors! Get a piece of 1" boxed steel and have it welded on the inside of the pinch weld. Works great for me...Thanks Kenny Brown Heck, I even have to lift my car a little to get under the pinch weld. 1.5" up front and .75" out back?????
There is a spot in the back on the gt's not sure bout cobras w/ irs. It's about 5 or so inches past the weld going into the car just infront of the tire. That's a solid firm lift point!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:26 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

LOL..yeah right, like I can put a jack even under the frame without the connectors! Get a piece of 1" boxed steel and have it welded on the inside of the pinch weld. Works great for me...Thanks Kenny Brown Heck, I even have to lift my car a little to get under the pinch weld. 1.5" up front and .75" out back?????
There is a spot in the back on the gt's not sure bout cobras w/ irs. It's about 5 or so inches past the weld going into the car just infront of the tire. That's a solid firm lift point!
Most 03/04 Cobra owners don't lower their car so the jacks they make for low clearances work fine. And yes, I meant full length sub frame connectors. I got the Maximum Motorsport ones. Very nice.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:26 PM
lad30nyc
1st Gear Member

Go to Sears buy a craftsman floor jack and your done. True story; I was in hershey pa, and got a flat on my Navigator, had to lift that sucker with the jack from the factory, ohh and without any specific jack points. Had to lift her on the automated running boards and i lived to tell you this story and the truck is fine too, soothe cobra will be fine
Old 10-12-2007, 06:36 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AllVenom

ORIGINAL: 97targa

Most 03/04 Cobra owners don't lower their car so the jacks they make for low clearances work fine. And yes, I meant full length sub frame connectors. I got the Maximum Motorsport ones. Very nice.
Hehe, I think I need to see if I can find a low profile jack that will fit under my car.