Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

EXHAUST SOUND CLIPS & How to: Dual Converson

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: EXHAUST SOUND CLIPS & How to: Dual Converson

I took my 07 to a shop to get it dualed and the mechanic said that since the gas line is right where the other exhaust would go that it would ruin the line and he wouldn't do it. Is he just being lazy or is there some truth to that?
Old 08-25-2007, 07:55 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

well i think there is some truth to the gas line being there...but a lottttttttttttttttttttttttt of us on here have duals, and it doesnt seem to interfere at all for us (for me at least)
Old 08-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

well he said it would be fine for about a year then you might start having troubles. how long has yours been dual? and can you put a heat shield over it or something?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:00 PM
scootr68

Same issues here...went to three shops today and all three refused to do it, Guess I'm limited to ninosport's dual conversion kit since real exhaust people no longer seem to work in that industry,
Old 09-06-2007, 07:14 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Go to your Ford dealer.

Mine installed my Pypes kit, kept askingME if it was in yet (took 3+ weeks on backorder)?

Then he asked, "What ya doin' next?"

SOHC
Old 09-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

well, many, many of us have dual exhaust so it can be done, so keep looking
Old 09-06-2007, 07:20 PM
scootr68

ORIGINAL: Bails

I took my 07 to a shop to get it dualed and the mechanic said that since the gas line is right where the other exhaust would go that it would ruin the line and he wouldn't do it. Is he just being lazy or is there some truth to that?

I just had a shop yesterday tell me the same thing. I actually went to three shops and all wouldn't do it for one reason or another.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:59 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scootr68

ORIGINAL: Bails

I just had a shop yesterday tell me the same thing. I actually went to three shops and all wouldn't do it for one reason or another.
Northside Ford here in town will do the duals for $272. Take it to the dealer. Most of them will do it, but not all. There's also Red McCombs Ford here in town who won't do it because it's a V6, and I guess they think it should be left as such.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:07 AM
scootr68

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

Northside Ford here in town will do the duals for $272. Take it to the dealer. Most of them will do it, but not all. There's also Red McCombs Ford here in town who won't do it because it's a V6, and I guess they think it should be left as such.
Damn, too bad i don't live in TX. For $272 though I could get the Ninosport conversion and do the bolt on myself. I think that is the way I'm leaning with this situation. I've just never experienced such an issue trying to get a dual set up in my nearly 40 years of existence,lol!!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: EXHAUST SOUND CLIPS

has anyone bought the ford racing exhaust for the v6 yet, it was just recently added to ninosports web site and was woundering how they sound

Quick Reply: EXHAUST SOUND CLIPS & How to: Dual Converson