Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Out it goes

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 05:52 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default Out it goes

Today was the first day of removing my vortech. Havent done much yet becaus ei have it at my buddies shop so he can help (do 90% of the work o_O) and it was busy over there.

So heres my question. I decided im not gonna go stroker since it seems the 4.5l wont be streetable which is the only one i was considering. So what turbos are out there other than Powerhouse? I checked google i know but i am just wondering which ones are known and tested not just random ones. Im thinking about going with powerhouse but i wanna see what other options are at there. Ill prolly want to run it between 8-12 psi. Thanks
Old 08-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Backlash
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Out it goes

to be completely honest, i think PH is ur best bet whether there were more out there or not. I have heard nothing but success stories from these applications. Go ahead and build the motor, keep it a 4.0, but boost the **** out of it.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:26 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Grantelli is working on one for the 4.0, but its not out yet. I love my PH turbo though.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:33 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

why are you dumping your vortech again?
what do you want for it
Old 08-12-2006, 07:04 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fitbikeco

why are you dumping your vortech again?
what do you want for it
Im really not impressed with it. THis is my second 4.0 and the first one was procharged and it got way better numbers. I dont wanna get another procharger though because i must be lucky it had no problems or something because everyone else does. As for selling the vortech its already claimed. Im putting it in my dads 4.0 o_O. Thanks for the info on the other turbo rygen
Old 08-12-2006, 07:21 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Rygen/Fazm How can i order the turbo kit from PH? it says its only available for in house installation and i c=dont ralyw ant spend a couple grand to ship my car to their shop and back. So do you guys know if their website just isnt updated or what?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:59 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

Rygen/Fazm How can i order the turbo kit from PH? it says its only available for in house installation and i c=dont ralyw ant spend a couple grand to ship my car to their shop and back. So do you guys know if their website just isnt updated or what?
I would give PH a call and ask them on a status on the mail order units.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:41 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

also if you go through the group buy, u place the order through me. 6-8 weeks after order for it to get on ur doorstep.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:42 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Are you gonna do it through paypal? Also whats the installation time estimated to be on that? Im not even gonna try to install that with my friend ill take it somewhere to have it done,[8D]
Old 08-13-2006, 02:54 PM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

unless you want to lift the engine out its prolly a good idea u and ur friend dont do it!