Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

SSM

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:43 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

Default SSM

How much hp and tq would I get with...

SSM Stage 3 package
SSM Custom Cams
SSM Forged Pistons
SSM Billet Aluminum Rods

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/p...atalogVer4.pdf

???
Old 08-25-2006, 09:58 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SSM

ORIGINAL: chuckcsf

SSM Stage 3 package
SSM Custom Cams
SSM Forged Pistons
SSM Billet Aluminum Rods

???
No idea... why not ask them???? LOL
Old 08-25-2006, 10:33 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

No idea... why not ask them???? LOL
That is the stupidest idea I've ever heard! J/k now why didn't I think of that...
Old 08-26-2006, 02:09 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

u know what they will tell you/

"we dont know" but they will be glad to have ur car for 6 months usin u as a guinea pig.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:16 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

after they said that, just say yes with these conditions

1: you get a rental car
2: all the parts and install are free
Old 08-26-2006, 12:44 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chuckcsf

SSM Stage 3 package
SSM Custom Cams
SSM Forged Pistons
SSM Billet Aluminum Rods

???

Ok I went through this myself a long time ago, this is just a IMO estimate but you didn’t say what CR pistons . This setup really IMO is to run with a power added for the added strength more than it is to run N.A. But a rough estimate using what you listed above for a N.A I would say maybe between 40-50 RWHP using the 8.8 pistons. If you go with the 10.0 CR higher chance you would be closer to 50+ RWHP but then this setup is not good for a power added such as a turbo or supercharger using the 10.0 vs. 8.8 CR.

The only reason to use this setup IMO is in conjuction with power adder for serious racing/ high psi per charger otherwise it isn’t worth it just to run N.A a least for me.

This of course is just my estimated opinion of RWHP no will know till someone builds this setup and puts it on a dyno.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:12 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

I do want to get twin turbos but I need to get these first...
Old 08-26-2006, 06:07 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

You were right about the "we don't know" part.

This was their reply

ORIGINAL: Tom Yentzer

Charles,
Unfortunately we can't. We have a number of different heads and cams running, but most are off road racers, so we don't don't get much dyno feedback from those guys. We have new combinations that are being delivered for Mustangers now, so we should start getting some numbers coming back shortly.

Tom Yentzer
www.supersixmotorsports.com
478-256-7766
Old 08-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

It all depends on how well ported those heads are. You will get some from those cams, and that will also change how your engine runs, but the most gain you will get IMO is from those heads. IMO with a very good port and polishing job (I am not sure if their porting has increased the size enough), I think there is at least another 100 untapped hp out of our 4.0 engines just in the heads. But if you plannin on running anything over about 9-10 psi, I would definatly recamend this. I am gonna try to get my heads ported and pollished when I add a supercharger.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:40 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pimpin Pony

It all depends on how well ported those heads are. You will get some from those cams, and that will also change how your engine runs, but the most gain you will get IMO is from those heads. IMO with a very good port and polishing job (I am not sure if their porting has increased the size enough), I think there is at least another 100 untapped hp out of our 4.0 engines just in the heads. But if you plannin on running anything over about 9-10 psi, I would definatly recamend this. I am gonna try to get my heads ported and pollished when I add a supercharger.

I think there is at least another 100 untapped hp out of our 4.0 engines just in the heads.
LOL no offense but no way your going to get that with P&P plus 3/A from (even with larger valves which you didn't mention) just with stock 4.0 heads.

Tom from SSM already stated with stage heads, cams, pistons and stroked maybe 100 HP increase for a total of maybe near 300 hp total from the 4.0.

There is also a guy in Texas who had head work done on his 4.0 and dyno at 225 HP according to a guy on another forum.

Quick Reply: SSM